8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my friend's leasing a 2010 Civic.

What I need to know is:
what is allowed/not allowed when it comes to modifications?

Particularly:
1) Home Depot Front Lip
2) Painting the emblems
3) Removing the Civic emblem
4) Painting the calipers
5) Changing interior lights to LED's
6) Roof wrapping
7) HID's
8) Tail light tint
9) 30% Window tint

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
i dont get why people lease in the first place. you're not keeping the car in the end and if you do you'll end up paying more than a finance.

i've leased before and never will again.

after 3 1/2 years of financing i've payed off the car 16 months early and its mine to keep now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
usually only rich a$$ ppl that dont tend to keep the car for over 3 years lease a car..after the lease is over they get another car to drive the sh!t out of..and so on..i think..correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
712 Posts
Leasing = Bad

Modding a lease = Pain in the ass

COnverting a modded leased car to stock = Shoot me now

Therefore the noted above all = waste of time

Just finnance the car its cheaper and its yours to do what you want with it.

Todays Math Problem was brought to you by the letter P for "pain in the ass" stay tuned next week for more.

Same bat channel same bat hour

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Leasing = Bad

Modding a lease = Pain in the ass

COnverting a modded leased car to stock = Shoot me now

Therefore the noted above all = waste of time

Just finnance the car its cheaper and its yours to do what you want with it.

Todays Math Problem was brought to you by the letter P for "pain in the ass" stay tuned next week for more.

Same bat channel same bat hour
LMAO...:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:

if that wasnt so long i'd pit it in my sig.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
1) Home Depot Front Lip
no problem, this doesnt damage the car mich maybe a few tiny hole under it

2) Painting the emblems
iffie, i would buy a spair set and keep them aside

3) Removing the Civic emblem
EASY! not damageing. all you need is some 3m tape

4) Painting the calipers
pfsssss... no problem they dont care

5) Changing interior lights to LED's
oooohhhh thats a slipprty slope, not reversable, difficulty level 8, costly too, but cool factor, 10!

6) Roof wrapping
reversable, no problem here

7) HID's

8) Tail light tint

9) 30% Window tint
they dont care.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
for the ppl that dont get why ppl lease.. well im leasing... and this is just because at the time the lease was 0% but the finance wasnt simple as that

you can still buy back which means u are the owner of the car

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm going to lease a car. I can't afford to get a Civic with low mileage without leasing its looking like and if I am going to lease the best part is every mile I drive on the car will be under warrenty then the moment I'm done with the car I can go get a brand new one with (what is looking like ) Little to no money down. However now that I am looking at leasing it has opened me up to a lot more car brands and choices then trying to find a used car with good gas mileage and that would be functional for my wife and I.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
414 incl. tax * 48 = 19,872
buy out = 10,343
-------------

Not more expensive then finance.
Also include time value of money on the differential between the higher finance payment and lower lease payment. the amount you paid less monthly due to lease, if kept in a savings account would have earned say 3% over 48 months.

leasing is much better than financing as long as the residual factor is at or very close to 50% in the calculation.

my rule is.....lease what depreciates and buy what appreciates.

·
Registered
81 Posts
leasing is a good option if you don't hold onto a car for very long. my family often leases because none of us can keep a car longer than 2 years. rather than finance it for 4-5 years and then in 2 years have to roll negative equity into the next one, you can lease for 3 years at a lower payment and walk away if you want to. it's no different from financing, either way it's still the bank's car until it's paid for.

also it's usually at a lower money factor than financing so you won't be paying as much in interest. and if you have investments you can keep your money making money rather than tying it up in a depreciating asset

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
You're right. I was wrong. I'll go on not making payments anymore and continue driving my Civic with the extra cash I have now from not making payments. Or I could just use the car as a downpayment on another vehicle.

So sorry. I will go now.

Poontucket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts