8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so right now i drive an 07 civic LX and im in a 36 month lease. i want to somehow get out of my lease and pick up a new 09 SI because i want a 4 door and i want the SI model. So my question is that is there an easy way to get out of my lease? possibly sell the car to someone else and let them take over the lease? or maybe cut a deal with a dealership, since i am trading a honda for a new honda.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It would be best for you to just stick with the one you have since you probably have a year or less left on the lease. Pay out the lease, then purchase the vehicle, then sell it/trade it in on a new one. That's probably your best option. If you just have to have the SI right now, then talk to Honda about an early return on the lease and see if they'll have some trade option for you since you are going from Honda to Honda.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did this less than 2 weeks ago with my 07 LX, had it for nearly 2 years of a 4 year lease. I just went into the dealership and said I was interested in upgrading to an 09 si. They basically bought the car from me, paid out the lease, and there was still some money left over to put towards the 09 si. Didn't get turned upside down at all, got a great deal actually.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Now is the time to be buying a car that's for sure. A friend of mine had the Honda dealer buy out the lease on his maxima so he would buy a civic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
LeaseTrader.com - Car Lease - Lease Assumption - Short Term Leases

I'm currently in the process of trading out my lease on an 08 Lexus IS250 and will be hopefully purchasing a RR 08 SI sedan this weekend.

Some fees are included through leasetraders website, but it would be even better if you could find someone you know to take over the lease. for that, you go ahead and call american honda and tell them you'd like to transfer your lease over to someone else and you know the person and you'd like to do it directly through AHF.

At least I "assume" that's how it should go based on what I've learned about the process since I started my own transfer.

Good luck.
-Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts