8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys! I tried researching a lot before posting this but i couldnt find anything. I am in the market to lease a 2010 Civic Si, I wanted to ask you guys what your insurance rates are own or lease just to have an idea of where i stand. The car is going to be under the pops name so age on insurance is not an issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
1 - are you talking about GAP insurance? that's sometimes built into the lease agreement (i.e. you're paying for it). if its full coverage, its full coverage no matter who owns it.
2 - good luck finding a '10 Si ..... even for a lease.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the Si on hold i found one, thank God! but its going to be a lease more or less is the rate.

Can everyone please post up what they pay ;] thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - are you talking about GAP insurance? that's sometimes built into the lease agreement (i.e. you're paying for it). if its full coverage, its full coverage no matter who owns it.
2 - good luck finding a '10 Si ..... even for a lease.
Leasing or buying makes it no easier or more difficult when finding a car :facepalm:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Leasing or buying makes it no easier or more difficult when finding a car :facepalm:
words of wisdom to live by, mi amigo.

back on-topic. regular coverage is all over the map - depends on your coverage, deductable, how you use the car, age, driving record, and where its garaged.

I think I pay something like < $500/6 months for a '10 FA5

·
Registered
81 Posts
i pay just over $500/6 months for full coverage on my 07 si sedan. i'm 26 with no accidents or insurance points. sometimes coup vs sedan can make a difference in your ins too

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a 5 year lease on my car. I pay $290/month. Insurance I got from somewhere else, full coverage required of course, and I pay $145/month for that.

And before someone says something like I'm crazy to lease it for 5 years, I'll have the money and car paid off within 3 years. I only had car for 10 months now. After 5 years is up, I have the option of paying I think 8k to buy it outright, or re-lease it for the remaining amount.

But, I figure 3 years I'll have it completely paid and owned.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lease cars are usually slightly higher to insure than a financed car. I was at 800 a year for my 07 SI sedan, it was financed. 2 doors are always higher, the SI coupe was 1000 a year when I obtained estimates.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I've got a 0 8SI coupe pay $745\yr for insurance and i've got a 3 year lease on mine but plan on buying it out at the end of the lease car payment is $235\month

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, quick question though for the people that are leasing already how much did you put down on your leases the dealer is quoting me around $350-$370 with $1,000 down on 700 credit rating. What do you guys think???

·
Registered
674 Posts
I pay $342 every six months. 37 yrs old, married, nothing on my record. I believe that includes a discount for insuring multiple cars.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Isn't leasing a complete waste of money? I thought you were limited to how many miles you can drive during that time and you get charged $.xxx for however many miles you go over.

Insurance on my 08 Si is 147/mo for a 19 year old driver and 1 accident.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Isn't leasing a complete waste of money? I thought you were limited to how many miles you can drive during that time and you get charged $.xxx for however many miles you go over......
might be a complete waste for some folks but its a benefit for others. Unlike the stuff coming out of Washington, there are 2 sides to every coin.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Isn't leasing a complete waste of money? I thought you were limited to how many miles you can drive during that time and you get charged $.xxx for however many miles you go over.

Insurance on my 08 Si is 147/mo for a 19 year old driver and 1 accident.
Leasing has its work arounds. If you know your gonna own the car when the lease is up, then you can put all the miles you want on it, as long as you buy it out. If your under, and want to either lease out the remaining amount, you can do that as well as have the option to finance it through a loan for the remaining.

Also, you don't need the dealer to do all your work for you. I do all my maintenance myself, and what I can't do, my uncle, who is honda certified, has his own shop, does the work for me, and doesn't charge $79/hour. I had the car for 10 months now, 50k on car, was brand new when drove it off the lot, only work i needed was regular oil changes, winter tires, etc, air filter. And soon I will be doing brakes all over. Surprisingly very cheap. Plus rims and tires are completely covered under warrenty as long as you have the car on a lease.

Like everything, it has its cons and pros, but look ahead.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
if i woulda insured her in my name it woulda been 498 a mo! ........(dui)

but in my ex's name its 151 a mo(she is 21)

but in pops name it shoulda be fairly cheap...

just an idea..

GO ONLINE AND GET QUOTES WITH POPS INFO, MOST PLACES DONT NEED A SOCIAL

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
P.S what ur doing is called a straw purchase and its illegal.. since your doing everything and putting it in pops name. and if ur driving the car and ur name isnt on the insurance and get in a wreck it will not be covered

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
how much down did you put ?
I put 3 grand down but I was planning on buying out my lease anyways at the end...If I wasn't i wouldn't have put that much down I just got a better rate for leasing then financing so I went with the lease...I've got a clean record too so that helped me out a little

1 - 20 of 26 Posts