8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard this is a good way to dry the car. any tips? and how did u like the results for anyone who uses one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would never use a leaf blower to dry my car simply because the air that it is blowing is not filtered and the dirt in the air that you blow on the car is hitting your paint at 90 or 120mph or whatever those things are rated for.

·
Registered
476 Posts
:yeahthat:
While the blowers at car washes are similar, they are not placed in an area suitable to pull in dirt.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
dnbsi said:
i heard this is a good way to dry the car. any tips? and how did u like the results for anyone who uses one.
I use it to blow out the cracks and around teh emblems, it works great! Although my neighbors look at me funny....don't worry about the above posts unless you can actually see dust in the air it wont do anything. I have a black car and if it made any scratches I would know. If you want just take a ladies nylon and put it over the intake of the blower.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Aeth SI said:
:yeahthat:
While the blowers at car washes are similar, they are not placed in an area suitable to pull in dirt.
what dirt are you pulling in? Unless you set the blower 6 inches from teh ground it won't suck anything up. If theres that much dirt flying around in the air, then why wash the car in teh first place

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have a Craftsman wet vac that has a blower attachement that is supposed to supply 265 mph of blowing power. I tried using it once to dry my car, but a microfiber towel still does it faster. However, the blower attachment did blow the water out of the door jams and places where water collects.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i have a HUGE air compressor at my house that i use to blow water out of teh small cracks if i want to get into it. but most the time im too lazy for such a time consuming drying process.

compressed air FTW!

·
Registered
376 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
i have a HUGE air compressor at my house that i use to blow water out of teh small cracks if i want to get into it. but most the time im too lazy for such a time consuming drying process.

compressed air FTW!
Same here.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
leaf blowers are fine to use. i use it often on my cars. does not throw
anything at the car other than air.

mine is a 115mph cordless (electric) one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts