8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, ive put on about 6000KMS on my car now, and arent babying it so much now. But i cant seem to get used to the drive by wire throttle.
It seems as if the power is either on, or off. Also , whenever i shift up, it seems to lag for a second, if i get on the gas right away, unless i sort of ride the clutch slightly.

Anyways, im just curious about how u guys launch the car at the track??
Do you dump the clutch at 3KRPM, or do you launch it at 6KRPM and feather the clutch??

Again, i havent abused my car yet, as its the first brand new car ive had.

Past cars were, 88CRXSI, 92Mustang5.0, 91CRXHybrid, 98GSR.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
I usually dump the clutch at either 2 to 3K...or if I wanna really want to have fun dump the clutch at 5K.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Whenever Ive feathered my clutch my interior reeks of burning clutch materials for about an hour afterwards. Dumping it puts a big shock on it and transfers a bunch of weight so i find feathering for a second then dumping the rest works the best to get off the line.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
But i cant seem to get used to the drive by wire throttle.
It seems as if the power is either on, or off. Also , whenever i shift up, it seems to lag for a second, if i get on the gas right away, unless i sort of ride the clutch slightly.
That part is not you, it is stupid California emissions crap. Fix it with a Hondata reflash :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts