8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im clueless on how to do this. ive only dragged twice. both with terrible reation times cause i didnt know what i was doing. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
968 Posts
no this will take too much time and your reaction time will be worse and i garuntee you that if you do that about a dozen times your tranny will be crying for warranty.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
just start in a lower gear and gas it to the redline then shift to D or watever the normal drive gear is. or get a manual...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
iknowmysh1t said:
and how would that be faster then brake torque?
I think he's talking about how to drive it down the quarter mile and not launching.

But as for launching I would say do the brake launch method (Same as brake torque). Don't launch at high rpms while doing this, launch at around 2k-3k rpms. Reason is because at high RPMS doing the brake launch method will result in alot of wheel spin, wheel hop, or even cause you to do a burn out.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Never neutral drop!!!!!!! Ever!! Unless you just plain don't give a **** about your tranny.

Oh and FYI, putting the car in 1 is not gonna do anything to help you launch. All it does is keep the tranny in 1st gear and not let it shift. It's useful when you don't want your car to shift like in snow or maybe if you get stuck. Your car starts in 1st gear anyways so no use putting it in 1.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Step one: Put the brake on.
Step two: throttle to 2000rpm
Step three: release brake
Step four: drive to the dealership and swap for a manual transmission.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts