8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to school this morning and I left my laptop in the trunk of my Si coupe, when I came back few hour later the laptop was gone... My car is completely stock, no aftermarket alarm. I did open the trunk to get some stuff before I left but I am sure I closed it properly...Everything looked fine when I came back except when I open the trunk and found the laptop missing.... fortunately nothing else was stolen, just my laptop. I am just wondering.. is it easy for newb thieves to open our Si coupe trunk? If so, what can we do to protect it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
im thinking that maybe someone ........Cloak and Dagger **** im bout to say here lolllll

Ok as you locked your car at school..some schmuck with a device that records your emmiting code from your FOB recorded it and unlocked the car this way..
lolllllllllllll

·
Registered
200 Posts
_Viper_ said:
im thinking that maybe someone ........Cloak and Dagger **** im bout to say here lolllll

Ok as you locked your car at school..some schmuck with a device that records your emmiting code from your FOB recorded it and unlocked the car this way..
lolllllllllllll
at highschool? :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
196 Posts
maybe. you just didnt close the trunk properly. and someone saw it open, and snatched your laptop. I dont think someone will go out of there way just to open trunks to jack them.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That sucks, man.

I don't know about the coupe but the sedan trunk is a b**ch to get closed without slamming the s**t out of it. I slam it so hard I'm afraid I might break the spoiler sometimes.

BTW: that's the valet lock they're talking about. It keeps the lever from working by the seat, but you can still open the trunk with the key.

I'm betting it didn't get closed and someone noticed it was up a little. :mad:

Either way, I'm sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is the stupid part a laptop is covered by home insurance i think...
In my province anyways....

Then the insurance (Arseholes) will see no forcible entry and bullshit you saying you did it...Fokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen if you want it covered just break your side glass and it will pass as theft......

Im not saying do it just giving you an alternative...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
_Viper_ said:
Here is the stupid part a laptop is covered by home insurance i think...
In my province anyways....

Then the insurance (Arseholes) will see no forcible entry and bullshit you saying you did it...Fokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen if you want it covered just break your side glass and it will pass as theft......

Im not saying do it just giving you an alternative...
:theyareon

·
Registered
89 Posts
ask your english teacher about it
she might know:xyxnervou

or maybe go to ur bedroom and u realize your laptop is under your desk?:thumb:

·
Registered
495 Posts
CatScratched said:
That sucks, man.

I don't know about the coupe but the sedan trunk is a b**ch to get closed without slamming the s**t out of it. I slam it so hard I'm afraid I might break the spoiler sometimes.

BTW: that's the valet lock they're talking about. It keeps the lever from working by the seat, but you can still open the trunk with the key.

I'm betting it didn't get closed and someone noticed it was up a little. :mad:

Either way, I'm sorry to hear it.
yeahhh it sounds like the trunk wasn't closed all the way. :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts