8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would say a big NO. I don't think the dealership is going to have any more experience then you at it. Thats not something they do everyday. I would do it yourself its really not that hard. Clean the tailight, spray a little soapy water mixture on the light, apply the film and move it so its lined up good, the sqeegie (sp?) the water out from the film. I would use that technique so you don't have any bubbles.
CANMAN

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mix it in a spray bottle, spray a little amount onto the tailight, and then follow the rest of the above directions.
CANMAN

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
dont use soapy water, just use regular water. it takes a little bit to do it and do it right. a lot of water and sticking and moving and spraying and .....try to get all the bubbles out that you can. i talked to my rep at lamin x about the bubbles and he said to use a sewing needle and come at the bubble from the side. then squeegy down, may have to use a hair dryer to get the bubbled area to stick good. it will take a good week of the sun and heat to get most of the bubbles out. I have a couple of small ones, but still looks good. i have to use the needle trick. enjoy, oh and you will have to trim some of the excess off with a razor.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its not that hard of an install to do yourself (as long as its not your headlights) and I soaked my heads when applying mine to my headlights and then pushed all the water out from under it with the squee. Its just tint which is always applied wet windows. It will look cloudy at first then will clear up as it drys. Dont wash your car for a while after putting the tint on. And dont use soap in the water mixture unless you want streaks between the tint and light. You can use methyl alcohol as a drying agent in the mixture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts