8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to not get ripped off by a mechanic, found an OEM mount for $86. If you DIY'd or got it done what was the cost/time.

Pretty sure my issue is the tranny mount:
Car bucks when tapping gas, saw tears in the rubber on it, car vibrates at idle.
Feeling the engine at idle, it is stable on the passenger side, but shakes the entire drivers side (especially the airbox)
Lol i'm on a tight budget so i'm not looking to pay for diagnostics. (also not in a position to DIY it either)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took my mechanic less than an hour to do the actual job of replacing my transmission mount on 06 Civic LX sedan. Dealers have fixed labor time/rate based on the job so will probably charge more labor time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Took my mechanic less than an hour to do the actual job of replacing my transmission mount on 06 Civic LX sedan. Dealers have fixed labor time/rate based on the job so will probably charge more labor time.
Weirdly enough, I found most of the time being cheaper than indie mechanics, at least when you ask for specific things.

I asked how much is to bleed my brake fluid (since the manual says every 3 years), and dealership came the cheapest at $109 quoted. All other indie mechanics wanted 140-200. And they don't even use the Honda OEM DOT brake (presumably they use something comparative), but why not get the original stuff if it cost less. I even asked just for labour, if I bring my own Honda DOT fluid brake, and the prices pretty much didn't change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts