8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Would you recommend it? I thought about buying it myself because it is so different, but i was afraid it would be too boring. I loved GTA but even the story mode in that game got boring for me and i found myself spending more time driving around and goofing off than trying to complete missions.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This game is awesome, if your a fan of rock star games then you'll like it. The story is set up very well and it's a change of pace from GTA. I'm about 30% through the game and can't put it down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does it pick up after the four beginning/tutorial cases?

I could barely drag through those

it seems unique I'm just not very patient

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Tutorial cases? :confused:

Don't think I played those...I dropped right into the game interviewing that girl.

It is mostly story based, but unlike GTA the story mode is very significant to the game. In GTA, it was like, "Blah blah blah...skip this, I wanna kill people". In L.A. Noire you gotta pick up on certain things people say, and find clues, and read people's faces. The graphics are also a lot better than GTA 4.

I keep forgetting I'm driving 1940s cars, and wondering why I can't rip the e-brake going around turns. :giggle:

Also, I'm awful at interrogating people. I get maybe 35%-40% of the accusations right.

·
Registered
131 Posts
interrogating the girl was the last part I played, but there was three short cases before it

spoilers:

the first was finding a blood stain in the alley and a gun on a nearby roof, locating the owner and going to his apartment

another one was a bank robbery

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Those are just part of the regular game.

Game starts off with easy cases, gets harder as game goes on.

Eventually you get cases with multiple suspects and little to no evidence.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Got this game last night and man am i impressed, If your into run in shoot em up games this game is not for you. Just saying like Fijiblue said it's like GTA 4 but not you can't pull your gun unless your in a fire fight. You can be penalized for fender bender's running over people or hitting light poles...etc. Remember in this game your a good cop not a crazy outlaw.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started a new game last night, because my friends wanted to check it out...apparently the points you earn in the new game still go towards your ranking from your original game...which is...cool but lame.

Cool in that it makes the game easier, but lame in that it makes it too easy.

For example, I now have 5 intuition points at my disposal from the very get-go, rather than having to work to build them up.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I've been debating if I should buy this game or not. Kinda disappoint they don't let you turn into a dark evil corrupted cop...

XD

So two thumbs up or neutral?

·
Registered
131 Posts
the game definitely picks up a lot. it is pretty good. I'm about a third of the way through and it's not amazing but good

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've been hesitant to get this game, one of my friends has gone through 2 copies of the game already because it keeps freezing. It doesn't sound like anyone here is having this issue though so maybe it's just him

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
I have been considering getting back into Xbox again... maybe I'll pick this one up. I enjoy all of the Rockstar games - GTA series, Red Dead, etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been hesitant to get this game, one of my friends has gone through 2 copies of the game already because it keeps freezing. It doesn't sound like anyone here is having this issue though so maybe it's just him
The game actually has issues on some of the earlier 360s, specifically firstgen/launch 360s

rockstar has made a statement about it, if you have a newer 360 you are fine

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol @ so many people complaining...

Need to get rid of the crap ps3s and upgrade to new XBoxes. Works perfectly on my console.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts