8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this product and installed it according to the manual, so far I am pleased with it, the delay is completely gone. But my question is, what's the blue wire that sticking out of the middle box for? And there's a extra red wire that comes inside the box. The instructions are clear and there's nothing there that includes the blue wire and the extra red wire. My only consern is the unit takes time to shut off, and I feel like the red wire should be connected to the blue wire as a ground. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
872 Posts
It is going to take some time to shut of. My blitz throttle controller does the same thing. It doesnt shutoff until the ECU is completely shut off. Usually 5-10 seconds after the car shuts off. Does that style of throttle booster come with a reverse cancel option? I know on my Blitz controller there is an extra wire that could be wired into the reverse lights power source. This shuts off the controller in reverse. It may be something like that although I cant be sure as I dont have this particular unit. Just some thoughts though.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is going to take some time to shut of. My blitz throttle controller does the same thing. It doesnt shutoff until the ECU is completely shut off. Usually 5-10 seconds after the car shuts off. Does that style of throttle booster come with a reverse cancel option? I know on my Blitz controller there is an extra wire that could be wired into the reverse lights power source. This shuts off the controller in reverse. It may be something like that although I cant be sure as I dont have this particular unit. Just some thoughts though.
Thank you, that's kinda helpful. Makes sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a ktuned throttle booster and have this problem when put in sport mode 5 or up my check engine light comes on, VSA light comes on and the Triangle with the exclamation mark in it after i turn the car off then on my check engine light only stays on, but when it first does it there is no throttle response .i reset it by disconecting the battery. does anyone know why this is happening my 08 si is stock all it has is an intake cant figure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts