8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple years I've been enjoying the kw kit and it's been great. But I've been noticing people upgrading things such as the intake(which I've been trying to get since last summer) better blow off valves and intercooler piping. I've heard of people somehow wastegating them also. I noticed the intake on the kw kit for the 9th Gen is similar to what I'm looking for. If anyone has any info on where I can get these parts or just some advice on what else I can upgrade let me know.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Yes, you can swap out some of the intercooler piping and also change out the diverter valve for a BOV but you won't see any gains in power. We supply high quality aftermarket parts and can help you out. Feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have an hks ssqv to put on it and the piping may not gain much but I know the intake sitting where the oem battery sits (have a Pwjdm small battery kit to put in)or in the fender is good for 10-15hp. I'm pretty happy with the power so small gains are fine with me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I already have an hks ssqv to put on it
HKS SSQV will not work well with a centrifugal s/c though.

There is no way to adjust it you will 100% get compressor surge you don't want to play around with that as the Rotrex isn't repairable.

Get either Tial or Turbosmart they have springs specifically made for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts

There is no way to adjust it you will 100% get compressor surge you don't want to play around with that as the Rotrex isn't repairable.

The standard spring that comes with the turbosmart is fine? (Turbosmart dual port)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
smaller pulley. im also trying to find what else can be done to them without upgrading to a c38 blower
The 110mm pulley already over spins the blower by 5% at factory redline. Putting a smaller pulley would yield more boost but would drop the redline significantly. I wondered if I could do the k24 crank pulley like the m62 guys but nobody could tell me if it would work the same way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you want a bigger blower you will have to modify your hood as it won't clear
I looked into doing the c38 and there is a kit I can use made by tts that will clear the hood. But it is incomplete and you have to buy the intercooler separate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The one that comes with the kit is a stock Audi diverter valve but it's not recirculated. Well mine isn't I don't know anyone else locally that has a kw. They are also not adjustable so in that case why wouldn't an ssqv work? Not doubting you just curious how the supercharger differs in this aspect. This my first SC so I'm a bit inquisitive lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
The one that comes with the kit is a stock Audi diverter valve but it's not recirculated. Well mine isn't I don't know anyone else locally that has a kw. They are also not adjustable so in that case why wouldn't an ssqv work? Not doubting you just curious how the supercharger differs in this aspect. This my first SC so I'm a bit inquisitive lol

C30 rev limit on our k20 is 8300 which is higher than the stock rev limit also the stock bpv is recirculated into the intake unless you bought a bootleg kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

C30 rev limit on our k20 is 8300 which is higher than the stock rev limit also the stock bpv is recirculated into the intake unless you bought a bootleg kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The stock Rev limit on our motor is 8200 100rpms isn't going to really be a difference maker. Unless Rick over at import dps sells fake stuff I'd assume it's the real deal cause that's where it came from.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes the infamous Audi/VW/Saab Bosch bypass valves they are notoriously bad for leaking boost/tearing I have mine but strictly for a backup.
I bought the KW Billet valve and it's been great so far I didn't recirculate it either.

The main reason I wouldn't use the HKS is it will not open at idle and you can't adjust it at all as there are no springs.

Stick with KW / Turbosmart or even the plastic one

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the KW kit also on my 07 si... Been looking for upgrades to the kit also. Especially the intake part. Right now I have it as kit comes. Any aftermarket intakes fit with minimal customization? Any noticeable gains from this?

I also have the 115mm pulley because the 110mm was out of stock at the time. Would switching to a smaller one gain more noticeable power? I'll just miss revving to 8400-8500... I think I only peak around 8-10psi top end. Is there a huge difference in boost or hitting boost sooner? I'm totally satisfied with my setup but the little kid inside me always wants more...

·
Registered
38 Posts
do you think you could somehow modify an aftermarket inter-cooler to make it work with the KWSC? just curious the standard inter-cooler seems a little small. just wondering if you would get better cooling from an adjusted aftermarket IC?

·
Registered
41 Posts
KW intake upgrade

@Raginazn curious to know what you did with your intake. I plan to re-locate the battery and possibly get a CAI for this KW kit (sorry for reviving an old thread) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts