8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to kno if u people have used koni yellows and if you like them. i just bought eibach prokits for my EX Sedan, and i need shocks too, im using them for auto-x, any ideas? i dont wanna spend 600+ on shocks if they arent that good.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Konis are great. Do a little research though and you will learn that the fronts are not a direct replacement. If you want a good, high quality, replacement fit shock i'd go with the tokico hts shock (some call it d-spec). Its probably way to much for you if you think 600 is already alot as they go for about 895 shipped.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea probably, idk if im willing to spend more then 700 on shocks and such, i realize that they arent a direct replacement, but its a front strut insert and rear shocks is it not?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
TOKICO FROM PORCIVIC.COM FOR 500$ SHIPPED

IM ON THE BOAT DUDE. BUT I HAVE THE SPORTLINES springs .. im either gona do with the skunk2 or the tokico..

id love to go with koni but i was told they are inserts and have to be drilled on the oem struts..so yeaa.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe the guy above is talking about the tokico blues....yes, some shitty reviews. However, the tokico HTS shock is on a totally different level. Its "infinitely" adjustable like the koni yellow is and in the same class as far as handling goes.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Koni Yellows are rebuildable and revalvable to custom specs if desired from what I gather is the upside. The down side for most is the fab work that is needed to the front struts for the inserts.

Tokico HTS is a plug and play application on the upside. They are not rebuildable or revalveable on the down side.

Both offer no drop from OEM height as they should maintain OEM length.

Someone mentioned Skunk2 Sport Shocks. Buyer should be aware of negative reviews from numerous members on here and should do major research before purchasing. These may offer slight drop due to the shorter bodies, other than that, the drop is in the spring choice.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^hmm alright then. i wonder if my stock shocks would be alright with my springs...
They'll be fine for at least 43,000 miles (what I'm at now), depending on how you drive.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Research Koni Yellows on H-T.com There is TONS of information on their products over their. They are basically the number one brand of shocks chosen by racers. Koni Yellows are some of only a handfull of shocks you can buy with confidence in knowing that either the supplier or Koni themselves are going to take care of you in case of a bad shock or a needed revlave or upgrade.

ONLY the Koni front shocks are rebuildable. Both can be custom valved at a cost.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.