8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,351 Posts
HELL YEAH!!!! Thank god!!! They have arrive..



Edit: I feel stupid they not out yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
WHy do most "pre-built" coilovers adjust bump and rebound with one knob?


Cause they only adjust rebound?? Their shock dyno's?? The valving they have? The amount of engineering? Performance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
Highrev1 said:
WHy do most "pre-built" coilovers adjust bump and rebound with one knob?


Cause they only adjust rebound?? Their shock dyno's?? The valving they have? The amount of engineering? Performance?
:yeahthat:

Wow, these stupid emoticons are convenient at times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
The word I got at SEMA last week was at least 2 months away. So I would say spring 08 at best. Europe is going to get inserts if they don't have them already. Problem is, the struts are different for European, North American and Japanese markets.

They want these out as bad as we do. They just want to get it right. Sound familiar, Greg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
BigDog said:
The word I got at SEMA last week was at least 2 months away. So I would say spring 08 at best. Europe is going to get inserts if they don't have them already. Problem is, the struts are different for European, North American and Japanese markets.

They want these out as bad as we do. They just want to get it right. Sound familiar, Greg?
Curt,

I've been told by my Koni guy that the new 2005+ Mustang doesn't have an application yet either! That should make some people here feel a little better (or worse perhaps). Hopefully the FSD's will be available for the start of the 2008 season.

BTW, Love the pic of your car in the shock thread at RR/AX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
striker_1818 said:
wil that make the ride "softer"?
Yes and no... As stupid as this sounds, their PR material speaks the truth! They are quite compliant over irregular pavement (bumps and other high speed valving impacts), yet they feel like a Sport about 1/2 way through its adjustment range when you are autrocrossing or on track.

I tested them on a Mazda3 at a local event and came away a believer after only one run.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
Grassroots swears by them...and isn't it PER that runs the Mini with them and does better than some with Yellows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
honda93 said:
Curt,

I've been told by my Koni guy that the new 2005+ Mustang doesn't have an application yet either! That should make some people here feel a little better (or worse perhaps). Hopefully the FSD's will be available for the start of the 2008 season.

BTW, Love the pic of your car in the shock thread at RR/AX.
The Mustang shocks (yellows only) came out over the summer. So, using that barometer, springtime would be ahead of the curve (2005 vs. 2006 model years).

http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/2007-solo-solo-2-au/cscc-pfm-nov-2007-p/0001232-copy.html

That pic is of Will driving it on Sunday. Some more pics are supposed to come up today. That pic is of the finish which was very tight. Still some body roll with the DA fronts, but much better. We're gonna bump the compression a little more at the next event.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top