8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide insight on if Koni cancelled the development of these or if they are still in fact in the works for our application?

I have been to a couple sites and did some digging and found a part number designated to the Koni FSD for 06-09 Civics. Part Number #2100-4065. Available End of 2008. Although, they are not listed on the Koni-na site for our application. Now that same site lists the Yellows, which are less than a month away as Available End of 2008. I wonder if there is any meritt or correlation between the two release dates and an FSD will indeed be available soon? Although, we all know the Sport Yellows had part numbers for 3 years before anything happened.

I found a few threads on here regarding Koni FSD and that Civics across seas have had them for over a year now, but that is due to their being 3-4 different strut stampings between the markets and we seem to be maybe last to receive, or our strut stampings are just that much different. Their application uses the front insert and rear Koni shock stamping as does the upcoming Sport Yellows for the 06-09 USDM Civic application.

I attempted to call Koni this evening, but got an answering machine, probably called past their normal hours. I will try again tomorrow.

Other thread that some info was made reference from: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspension-brakes/63818-koni-yellow-fsd-us.html

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can anyone provide insight on if Koni cancelled the development of these or if they are still in fact in the works for our application?

I have been to a couple sites and did some digging and found a part number designated to the Koni FSD for 06-09 Civics. Part Number #2100-4065. Available End of 2008. Although, they are not listed on the Koni-na site for our application. Now that same site lists the Yellows, which are less than a month away as Available End of 2008. I wonder if there is any meritt or correlation between the two release dates and an FSD will indeed be available soon? Although, we all know the Sport Yellows had part numbers for 3 years before anything happened.
I'd venture a guess and say they nixed them altogether. Last time I looked, Koni had the part numbers for Sports and FSD's. Then when I decided to go the RedShift route, I stopped looking. Needless to say, they now have an option to buy their 2800 Series race shocks(!) and no sign of FSD's. I guess Koni decided that the Sport valving wouldn't be enough to warrant another line of dampers being developed... In one of those posts from back in the day I passed along news I was told by my guy at Koni regarding FSD's... They are basically for cars that have ride quality issues from the onset. Back in early 2006, he mentioned that the new Civic didn't have such issues so he doubted the FSD would be developed. Then that changed, and now it has changed again.

I can say that my Koni Sports from RedShift are pretty damn good thus far.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd venture a guess and say they nixed them altogether. Last time I looked, Koni had the part numbers for Sports and FSD's. Then when I decided to go the RedShift route, I stopped looking. Needless to say, they now have an option to buy their 2800 Series race shocks(!) and no sign of FSD's. I guess Koni decided that the Sport valving wouldn't be enough to warrant another line of dampers being developed... In one of those posts from back in the day I passed along news I was told by my guy at Koni regarding FSD's... They are basically for cars that have ride quality issues from the onset. Back in early 2006, he mentioned that the new Civic didn't have such issues so he doubted the FSD would be developed. Then that changed, and now it has changed again.

I can say that my Koni Sports from RedShift are pretty damn good thus far.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA
Thanks Anthony, I appreciate your comments on that product line. I have not had a chance to call them as of yet to get their take on it, hoping to after lunch. Probably will feed me some sort of marketing bs. I have to call them no matter what anyway as I have a few questions regarding the Yellow Sports for the 06-09 Civic.

I guess Koni decided that the Sport valving wouldn't be enough to warrant another line of dampers being developed...
Are you saying the valving of the Yellows are most sufficient and does not need the development of another line? I just got a little confused on your wording.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Are you saying the valving of the Yellows are most sufficient and does not need the development of another line? I just got a little confused on your wording.

Thanks again.
At first they felt they could have warranted an FSD line, now they don't. Honestly, the OEM Civic Si struts are quite good, so coming out with a damper meant to improve it only on an OEM scale really isn't what most enthusiasts are looking for.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At first they felt they could have warranted an FSD line, now they don't. Honestly, the OEM Civic Si struts are quite good, so coming out with a damper meant to improve it only on an OEM scale really isn't what most enthusiasts are looking for.
I called and spoke to someone at Koni. I was told the FSD line was not cancelled for 06-09 application, however it is slow in development. I did not ask on a time frame only due to the fact it doesn't look like next month per say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts