8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taiwan and japan has released the KONI FSD shocks
i am thinking about getting it with the RS-R spring
or should i wait for the Koni Coilover kit?

which is better ?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Taiwan cars don't have the same suspension as ours do so they wont fit. If Koni comes out with a Coilover kit, it should be waaaaaaaaaay better than the FSD in terms of handling.

Again... The US, Europe, and Asian market cars have different front struts for some odd reason. Hell, if Koni would be content giving us an insert at this stage of the game, I'll get them, but the cartridges may be too different in length or diameter to fit.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Its just not Honda that does/did it. Mazda, Nissan, Mitu, Subi, Toyota will only bring a watered down version of what they have.

Honda isn't very smart for having the USDM, JDM, EDM civics have different suspension or be a completely different car all together. How does that help keep cost down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
you would think that "Economies of Scale" they would want to keep everything the same. But then again with them making different models it leaves something to be desired from Japan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.