8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres my ordeal, I miss my system in my old car a bit. I was thinking of putting in another one, just a small one like 1 alpine type X and an 800w amp or something of the sort. My question is can we control the aftermarket system to a degree with the factory OEM nav or should I yank it out and put an aftermarket headunit in there with a portable nav??? im lost guys help me out.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a factory NAV and I also missed my old system. I purchased a kicker zx400.1 and a kicker CVR 10" dual 4 ohm. I placed it in a 1.0 cubic ft box and I am very pleased. The purchase was not event that expensive, I spent 325. on the amp, sub and the 4guage wiring kit from onlinecarstero.com and another 40. on a sealed box that I had made for me. I am very pleased with this set up, for one ten it can be very loud and is able to hit some lows too. If you have any questions just ask!

Also you do not need a LOC for the amp because it has high level inputs that you can tap into the factory sub wires or the rear spaekers.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I should be able to control absolutely everything with the factory nav, everything else can be adjusted on the amp itself such as gain, ect. and what is LOC?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah, LOC is the line out converter. Instead of using RCA's you can use a LOC to get the signal to your amp. The amp that I have has the gain/ crossover and what not on the face of it. I also have a remote bass knob which is nice when you are using a factory head unit with limited controls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts