8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the header on sunday and im hearing a hissing sound.. so i chech to see if its a leak anywhere and theres air coming out from the flanges where the headers are connected together to make the header.. is there anything i can do to resolve this issue?? thnx...

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
i just installed the header on sunday and im hearing a hissing sound.. so i chech to see if its a leak anywhere and theres air coming out from the flanges where the headers are connected together to make the header.. is there anything i can do to resolve this issue?? thnx...
weld it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
koo .. i guess imma have to weld it.. thnx... what about some vibration that i hear.. it sounds like something is touching the frame i think??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Nah no flex pipe on this header, it's got around a 12" test pipe that connects it to the exhaust. I sent you a PM kseriesstunna, if it's the silp joints like some people have leaks with try this the stuff I sent you in the PM or some kinda exhaust sealant stuff.

If it's hitting the frame then yea get motor mounts, I got boomba's and no more banging noises.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I have this header for almost 10 months, no such leakage. Check your bolts and you should take off the header and see if you had put the peices tightly. Other than that, two options are - weld it and email the guy of the header and check for warranty status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts