8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife has a 06 civic ex that is still under warranty and I am having issues with my key. Most of the time the passanger door will not unlock. I tried to change the battery in the key but the screw will not come out. The screw head is stripped.

Will Honda replace the key under warranty?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Mine came with 2 keys, maybe you can try the other one if you still have it. If not, give the dealership a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it does have 2 keys plus the valet. My wife has the other. The problem is not that we do not have keys it is that the one that I have is not working properly. I want to try to get it replaced under warranty. I was wondeing if anyone knows if the keys are covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. I am not sure if they will not replace it since the screw is stripped. I used the correct size screw driver and it would not budge.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
It was just a suggestion to isolate the problem to the one key. I'm not sure on the warranty coverage though.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I would call them and ask. If it's still in the warranty period then I would think they would fix it. Maybe it got some condensation or liquid of some kind in the circitry and it's making it act funny. I guess it could be low battery too but that damn screw is stripped!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good info av911, thank you.

But this contradict what Mikehenryjr said. He said his key does not unlock the passenger door but his wife's one does.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am screwed as well. I am trying to replace the battery in my key but I can't open it do to the screw had being stripped. I went to my local dealership and they weren't able to open the key either and told me I would have to buy a new key (around 200 bucks) :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts