8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought this was a cheap little mod that is somewhat functional. i have stumbled upon this website that creates durable silicon key fob covers. i have ordered a blue and a red one for myself. hard to go wrong for $6.99. hopefully itll protect my fob a little since i drop it all the time.

www.thejacketstore.com

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mikey6p said:
I bought one at the dealership. Its nice...but for some reason it killed the range on my remote.

good point but i have a viper system so i dont really need my fob

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i just got my covers in. it took forever to fit it over my fob! but its on and looks decent. cant go wrong with $7 though. pics up later tonight.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Bump. Just ordered 2. used promo code 'store' for 15% off. Came to $11.88 for both, with free shipping.

I'll try to remember to post pics and a review when I get them. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
how often do you drop your keys that you need to protect it with a silicone cover that makes your keys look like crap and more bulky. They look Blah..

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
how often do you drop your keys that you need to protect it with a silicone cover that makes your keys look like crap and more bulky. They look Blah..
wow, did wal-mart have a sale on hatorade? :dance:

for me it's not even about dropping the key, it's because I specifically keep this key off of my keyring cause my keyring has all kinds of stuff on it that would scratch it up. Having my car key and house key(s), bottle opener, separate is a pain for me. With something like this, I will be able to put it on the keyring with the rest of my stuff. I probably won't use it forever, just for a few years, then, when my car starts to show it's age I'll pull it off and have a pristine key!

It may be stupid to you, but to me, it's worth the $5. I'll have to wait and see how "stupid" it really looks. If it's not worth it cause it's too bulky or looks too dumb, I'll scrap it and I'm out $5. I'm pretty sure it'll be OK though.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
wow, did wal-mart have a sale on hatorade? :dance:

for me it's not even about dropping the key, it's because I specifically keep this key off of my keyring cause my keyring has all kinds of stuff on it that would scratch it up. Having my car key and house key(s), bottle opener, separate is a pain for me. With something like this, I will be able to put it on the keyring with the rest of my stuff. I probably won't use it forever, just for a few years, then, when my car starts to show it's age I'll pull it off and have a pristine key!

It may be stupid to you, but to me, it's worth the $5. I'll have to wait and see how "stupid" it really looks. If it's not worth it cause it's too bulky or looks too dumb, I'll scrap it and I'm out $5. I'm pretty sure it'll be OK though.
Exactly. $5 its something different. Worse case I'll put it on my spare and keep that MINT and easy to find. I'll just eat 1 less meal at mcdonalds, be healthier, and have this. If it sucks it sucks, but its kinda hard to not justify paying $5 shipped to try it haha.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I bought one at the dealership. Its nice...but for some reason it killed the range on my remote.
It sounds stupid, but hold your keys up to your chin, and it should work better at a distance.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
It sounds stupid, but hold your keys up to your chin, and it should work better at a distance.
Its true. They are just line of sight really. Its not a magical wave of unlocking haha. The higher you can hold it up the better chance you have of reaching a long distance.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts