8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In this thread: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-...-sq-install-fellow-8thcivic-forum-member.html you can see my install.

The BT Mic was flush mounted into the dash for a VERY stock look. Unfortunately, the quality of the BT was just so-so. I learned that flush mounting the Mic is a bad idea because it hides the side openings.

I pushed it out so that all of the openings showed and people can hear me much better now.

So remember when you mount your Mics, to mount them out in the open. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could take credit for the install, but it all goes to Bing at Simplicity in Sound. :)

The pillar is a pretty standard spot. When I had a system in my 350z, the BT mic was mounted there.

I saw that you got the 8120. I'm very happy with mine also. It is a nice unit.

Did you get your FM channel issue figured out?

And is that a typo or is "Aarabian" spelled with two "a's" ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^
I couldn't figure out the FM problem, think there is no solution for that, I don't care much about it anymore though, the iPod is more than enough for me..

Oh and it's a typo, i will fix that now, good eye!!!
Wonder if you could get one of those FM tuners for your iPod and play your stations through the iPod into your 8120??? (should probably post this over in your thread ;) )

·
Registered
538 Posts
I was wondering about the mic placement. I have the one for my Pioneer on the top of my lower cluster right now and it seems to work well there.

I finally did my taxes and I'll be picking up an 8120 when they come in... especially since Crutchfield's offering refurbished units now lower than the unauthorized dealers on eBay. :)

I actually came on here to see how you were doing with yours.

Glad to hear you got the mic issue worked out... I guess I won't put mine there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How did you mount the mic? I have a JVC unit that comes with a hook that can be removed. I'm looking for some hints on how to hide the hideous looking mic and make it much more stock looking.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you mount the mic? I have a JVC unit that comes with a hook that can be removed. I'm looking for some hints on how to hide the hideous looking mic and make it much more stock looking.
The initial flush mounting solution was the most OEM I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I did not have good results and someone suggested it was because of the way the mic was mounted- hiding the openings on the side of the mic.

Once I pushed it out, my issue went away- and has been fine ever since.

It's hot glued from the back- if that matters.

·
Registered
11 Posts

i dremeled out the black part of the sunroof/maplight cluster and mounted mine in there, how's that for OEM? everyone i talk to say it sounds like i'm talking into the phone. this was for a f90bt though..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts