8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 548 Posts

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kentucky Crew is having its Spring Meet at Keeneland on March 7, 2009 at noon. Lunch and a cruise around Lexington will follow.

Anyone joining the caravan from Louisville should meet at the Garden Ridge on Blankenbaker at 10:30.

The map link is a bit off -- it is showing the side entrance into Keeneland. The main entrance is a bit farther east, at the intersection of Versailles Road and Man-o-War Boulevard. (The street isn't on Google maps for some reason).

·
Registered
727 Posts
1. sk8nava
2. k20z3danny
3. CameronJr9
4. Snipernoor
5. vexi0n

from: 38.222066,-85.500927 to: US-60/Versailles Rd - Google Maps

The link posted in the first post sends you to the side entrance at Keeneland. It's a lot easier to go in the main entrance, at the intersection of Versailles Road and Man-o-War Blvd. Posted are directions from I-64E (just past the Gene Snyder) to the Versailles Rd / Man-o-War Blvd intersection. Turn left at the intersection to enter Keeneland.

Here's the turn-by-turn if the link doesn't work for some reason:

Google Maps said:
Start address: I-64 E
End address: US-60/Versailles Rd

Start at: I-64 E

1. Head east on I-64 E - 38.5 mi
2. Take exit 58 for US-60 toward Versailles/Frankfort - 0.3 mi
3. Slight right at US-60/Versailles Rd Continue to follow US-60 - 10.0 mi
4. Turn left at Lexington Rd/US-60 Continue to follow US-60 - 6.7 mi

Arrive at: US-60/Versailles Rd

·
Registered
727 Posts
When looking at Google Maps, just turn on the Satellite feature, and you'll see the entrance.
ah true. My house is literally 2 or 3 miles away. I go down my street, turn onto the main neighborhood road, turn onto Man-o-War...Then just take it straight to Keeneland. And I willingly hit 80 or 90 all the time on Man-o-War. :dancingcoolsmiley:

As for where at Keeneland: If you turn onto the main entrance road, and go down it towards the main building, the road will curve left, and then will reach a 4-way stop. Turn right. There's a good sized parking lot there, near the barns.

EDIT:

I made this helpful little map in MSpaint...with the help of Google Maps, and the print screen button...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Would you guys care if I came, and recruited a few 8thgeners to come?
If you want to make the long drive down from Indiana, there's nothing really stopping you! (Well, asides from traffic) :thumb:

Though I think there will be an Indiana / Kentucky meeting in Louisville later... :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Count me in. Where in Louisville are we meeting?

1. sk8nava
2. k20z3danny
3. CameronJr9
4. Snipernoor
5. vexi0n
6. kicker18
7. SylentKnight

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
1. sk8nava
2. k20z3danny
3. CameronJr9
4. Snipernoor
5. vexi0n
6. kicker18
7. SylentKnight
8. iCeMan57

Thats a good question Justin? lol :) We didnt think of that...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was always fond of the Best Buy just off the St. Matthews exit on the Waterson... :smile:

But what do I know? I've never lived in Louisville (although for some reason I seem pretty good at knowing how to get around).

There's almost nothing at the I-64 / Gene Snyder interchange...St. Matthews is practically in the middle of town -- easy access from anywhere in Louisville, and just minutes from I-64...

:thumb:

EDIT:: Oh, and Cameron: You're welcome for the map of Keeneland. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 548 Posts