8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Kelford Cams

44K views 276 replies 51 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with these? Particularly on an NA platform. I was thinking about getting these stage 1 or 2. My idea is to get these, probably stage 2 to run as I am now with i/h/e/fp, and eventually I will run a turbo setup. Will these cams do well for both of these setups? And what other items would I need to get them installed and running correctly?

#3 ·
The Kelford Stage 1 cams are the better choice with you current setup. Their stage 2 cams really require higher compression and/or more displacement to show the maximum results.

Keep in mind that you cant compare one brand's "stage X" to another brand's "stage X" cams.. For example, Kelford's Stage 1 cams are closer to a S2 stage2 than an S2 Stage 1. Just an FYI.

Also, I would have to say that NA cams arent necessarily bad for boost. that's an old misconception that doesnt always prove to be true.

#14 ·
All dynos read different, this still shows the hp gains to be had w/ the above mods. It would be the same on another dyno, just lower numbers overall. Besides dynapacks make tuning a breeze. Remember, a dyno is just a tuning tool thats it and thats all, the numbers you put down at the strip is what counts(if your into driving in a straight line;)

#28 ·
I would but they're about 2 hours away...This guy is about a 10 min drive and hes very well know here in SD and in Club RSX...even Jason from GoPower knows him :giggle:

I need to have the cams in, angled and have the car tuned before we have our dyno day...Its gonna be a busy month for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.