8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would make a post with mods and the amount of power they give since no one has really done it. This would help others in making their choices as they go along modifying their ride.

I can't test and dyno every part out there but I will use the most popular parts and report as I go along.

3 Dynos will be taken after each mod has been added and the same dyno(P2R dyno jet) will be used for all runs.

Temperature, mileage, oil(type and percentage) and octane will all be included.

All numbers will be 2007 SAE corrected and in WHP (wheel horse power)

There will be No cool down between runs.. (u can check the times on the dyno graph to be sure of that)

Please study the whole graph and not just peak power ...
I will edit the first post as i go along so that info doesn't get lost through many pages :thumb:

i'll sticky it ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other mods that may affect results just so u know ...
18" Rays gram lights 57s (lighter than stock)
225/40 tires
tein flex suspension
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods: STOCK
Temp: 87-F
Numbers: 2007 SAE corrected
Car: 2007 FA5
Mileage: 2440
Oil: stock @ 50%
2 runs because the third was identical to the second

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods: P2R throttle body spacer + 2 P2R throttle body gaskets
Temp: 92-F
Mileage: 2540
Oil: Stock @ 50%
the runs show the WHP and WTQ made compared to stock ...
Run 1 Stock VS Run 1 with the above mods

Run 2 Stock VS Run 2 with the above mods

3rd runs were left out because they were identical to the second :thumb:

As you can see the combination of the P2R throttle body spacer and gaskets make good power ... IMO it's enough for you to feel and it actually feels stronger than the numbers show ...

NB: the dyno shows peak power made but it actually makes more power in the mid-range/at points throughout the RPM range than the difference between stock + modded peak power!!!

The results are pretty consistent ... hardly any loss of power :thumb:
increase from bottom to top
Mods: P2R throttle body spacer, 2 P2R throttle body gaskets + P2R IMG added
Temp: 94-F (2 degrees hotter than above)
Mileage: 2598
Oil: Stock @ 50%
This graph shows Stock VS TB spacer + gaskets VS newly added P2R IMG as indicated on the graph :thumb:

some will say well the gasket only gives like 1whp and 3wtq?? just keep in mind that's at the peak ... look at the whole graph :thumb:

also watch how consistent the numbers are after back to back to back runs ... power hardly decreases if any which means the car is being kept cooler. As everyone knows the numbers tend to go lower as the runs increase :thumb:
again power from bottom to top ... and keeps consistency
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods: TB spacer, 2 TB gaskets, IMG gasket, Injen CAI added ...
Temp: 92-F but really humid
Mileage: 2783
Oil: stock @ 40%
3 runs ...
1st run was right off a 50 mile drive (port of miami ---> P2R) and no real cool down ... no AFR on that run...
2 run was 10 mins after first run ... made a pinch more power
3 run was soon after
(check dyno sheet for run times)

don't know what to make of this ... but it seems that money is well spent on the spacer and gaskets and keeping the stock box ...
there's obviously no real difference in adding the CAI after those mods ... and the numbers do not lie ... apart from the car sounding louder/more aggressive i cannot tell a difference in performance down low, midrange or uptop ...
what the injen CAI will do on a stock car? i don't know ... but with the TB spacer and all supporting gaskets, it seems that it doesn't do much at all ...
FYI ... this intake was on from sunday afternoon and i've been driving a lot since then ... so if the ecu had to adjust it has had enough time to do so.

i don't know what to make of it ... but it is what it is ...

should be noted that the car runs rich with the cai ... with tuning there a GOOD BIT more power to be made!!!

imo get a CAI or skip it altogether an get the TB spacer and supporting gaskets ...

July 11, 2007 : for the past couple days i noticed a bog down after revving the car at idle ... CAI + throttle body, gaskets etc ... there's obviously more air in the system now and as a result more gas ... u can smell the unburnt fuel at the times when there's the slight bog, though u have to be outside the car to smell it (have someone inside rev it up)... it won't do it all the time though, sometimes u have to induce it, other times it just does it ... it doesn't affect normal driving either ... last time i can recall this happening is when i was boosted with the fg2 and not fully tuned yet, though it was worst then as the car would bog almost to a stall ... so it's clear that those mods add more air to the system but it's clear that more fuel gets dumped too ...
imo ... good mods if u can tune ... there's power to be made ...
it's only at idle ... when the car's in gear the rpms don't come down nearly as fast so there's enough time to go through fuel tables etc etc ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods to be added soon : a different intake
:thumb:

I

·
0 Posts
Nice going Marvie. Everyone has wanted someone to do this, and you finally did. :thumb: +rep

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah man, great info here. It's good to see some solid stock vs. mod dyno runs on something. +rep :thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
good info. Keep it up, man. I'm sure lots of people will find this valuable with the more stuff you get on here. +rep

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always wonder why Honda doesn't add these gaskets and spacers from the start. It would make more Hp and people would not be taking there cars apart.???

Anyways, nice.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
sickyute said:
changing rims soon ... much lighter ones ... dyno after :thumb:
Which rims? I'd like to get another set (looking at Advan now), but have to sell some crap and get wife approval beforehand. :pat:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
hey Marvie, I noticed something in your graphs...

It looks like in all of the runs with the spacer and gaskets and whatnot the throttle is being released just a bit earlier. Look at the stock graph where the power and torque suddenly drop off and compare that to the graphs with the added parts. It looks like there's another couple hundred rpms you could hold out for on those.

Not that big a deal, but you could potentially see another couple hp for your peak...

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
civsnake said:
hey Marvie, I noticed something in your graphs...

It looks like in all of the runs with the spacer and gaskets and whatnot the throttle is being released just a bit earlier. Look at the stock graph where the power and torque suddenly drop off and compare that to the graphs with the added parts. It looks like there's another couple hundred rpms you could hold out for on those.

Not that big a deal, but you could potentially see another couple hp for your peak...
well ... i guess ...
but it's the shop guys driving it on the dyno ... i just watch ...

that's more good news for u guys ...

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
F.I.A.T said:
the dyno cuts off when the brake putton is pressed not when the car actually hits the rev limiter per say.
exactly what i said b4....

they just hit the button later on the original stock run he did...

1 - 20 of 131 Posts