8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I'm in the market for putting Katzkin leather in my car. A local dealer has an Si with it installed and it looks completely OEM. They referred me to a shop that charges $1250 for the kit and installation. I contacted them and the installer who answered the phone said that if I take it to his house (not do in through the company) on the weekend, he can install the kit for $1000 total. Does that sound like a shady deal? Would it be wiser in the long run to have the actual company install it for $250 more?

On the same note, does anyone know of any Katzkin installers that could beat that deal in OC? Thanks

-chris

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
katzkin is a good company for aftermarket leather. You should keep any eye out for deals because sometimes they will throw in a seat heater or a ventilation system for the seat when you buy a complete package. Not sure about pricing in OC though but $1000 to install seems kinda hefty

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about Katzkin, but I will tell you that while you may save $250 by getting the guy to do it at his house, the shop probably will guarantee their work. I would spend the extra $250 to have the shop do it knowing they will back their work. Who knows what will happen with the job the guy may do at his house.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
katzkin is a good company for aftermarket leather. You should keep any eye out for deals because sometimes they will throw in a seat heater or a ventilation system for the seat when you buy a complete package. Not sure about pricing in OC though but $1000 to install seems kinda hefty
It's actually $750 for the leather, $500 for the install.

The installer is privately charging $750 for the leather, $250 for the install.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know a whole lot about Katzkin, but I will tell you that while you may save $250 by getting the guy to do it at his house, the shop probably will guarantee their work. I would spend the extra $250 to have the shop do it knowing they will back their work. Who knows what will happen with the job the guy may do at his house.
Very wise thoughts :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I actually bought some katskin leather off ebay from an upholstery shop for my corolla and had a guy here in richmond install it for about 300 or 350 I think it was--check with other reupholstery shops and ask some dealers who they deal with.....that's how I found my guy--also ask about door panels--they are usually extra

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually bought some katskin leather off ebay from an upholstery shop for my corolla and had a guy here in richmond install it for about 300 or 350 I think it was--check with other reupholstery shops and ask some dealers who they deal with.....that's how I found my guy--also ask about door panels--they are usually extra
What was the eBay name and how much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts