8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this kit and installed it last weekend. I have only driven at night about three times and when I go to turn my headlights on last night, my passenger side is already out! All the wires are in place correctly, no blown fuses....I really dont understand, could a bulb/ballast go bad in a matter of days? And no, I didnt touch the xenon bulb at all during install!

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
test to see if the passengers side ballast or bulb died by swapping over with the left side. I think its the ballast

·
Registered
321 Posts
its the ballast. i think they scam on purpose to collect on shipping. happened to 4 of my friends and now you... i regret getting this and not going for the retrofit with its amazing line cutoff. doh

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
haha and i bought a set from him since my cousin burnt my matsushita ones...
oh well
now i need to go get some denso's or matsushita's...
but on the meantime, this will have to do.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If a component is going to fail

It will usually happen in the first months of use. And that is what has happened with your ballast.

These guys are pretty good about sending out replacements, but as with anything, you still have to foot the shipping costs to return a bad item. It is the exception rather than the rule for a vendor to pay for return shipping of a warranty item.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts