8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just got my hand on 08 element motor from a small shop for $300 cause its burning oil issue. It has 150000km on it. Do I need to send it to machine shop or should I just put new rings and piston with my z3 head. Going for dd mostly and once or twice tracking a year. Thank you

·
Registered
319 Posts
Rebuild the block with new Internals. Bore and hone the block to 87.5mm or you can max out to a 88mm bore on stock sleeves, which is the route I went with for N/A build.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. that mean I can go for 87.5 piston and h rod. than just slap my SI head in with out getting new oil pump.... I think. I'm very new to this

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone just told me I'm not able to use k24a3 block out of elements due to engine mount is not the same location. Is it true? ??

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Someone just told me I'm not able to use k24a3 block out of elements due to engine mount is not the same location. Is it true? ??
The K24a8 block isn't the best block to use for a frank swap unless you also going to replace both the rods and pistons. If not, P2V contact will occur a lot sooner in timing advance.

The passenger side mount is different, but all you need to get is a crv (k24a1) passenger side mount. Also, use the z3 oil pan so you will have the rear mount.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice, I just picked up a k24a4 with 80,000km for the same reason.
When doing the swap im getting a new k20a2 oil pump, k20a2 oil pump chain, k20a2 chain guide, k20a2 baffle plate, all bolts needed to mount oil pump and accesories, bolt to block off oil feed passage but I was wondering do I re-use the factory K24 oil pump tensioner?
Also can I use the z3 oil pan with that setup for the rear mount?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hrmm I'm a little confused I'm getting mixed feedback some say z3 oil pump tensioner but HPT autosport says "REQUIRES RE-USE OF FACTORY K24 OIL PUMP TENSIONER on K24a block"

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Another part you may want to get is 90004-PE2-005(sealing bolt) and 90401-PE2-003(sealing washer) for the oil hole that the a2 pump doesn't use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts