8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a general idea how this swap would be done but I'm confused bout the ECU. Do I keep my stock one or grab the tsx ECU and use flashpro on that? Reason being i don't know how to tune so getting the AFR right just to be able to run it until I get tuned won't really work out but at the same time I see no one swapping ECUs. Can anyone shine some light on this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey guys, I have a general idea how this swap would be done but I'm confused bout the ECU. Do I keep my stock one or grab the tsx ECU and use flashpro on that? Reason being i don't know how to tune so getting the AFR right just to be able to run it until I get tuned won't really work out but at the same time I see no one swapping ECUs. Can anyone shine some light on this?
You'll keep the stock ECU and just use flashpro on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But does the flashpro have a base map for a k24? Or would I have to learn AFRs and tune it myself to make it drivable?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Flashpro has a k20z3/k24a2 tune. RDX injectors, cold air intake, race header [no cat]. If your mods are similar to that, you should have a solid base map.

If you're making a large change such as this and you'll be sticking around a while, consider getting it professionally tuned. Keeps your engine safer, as well as extracting more HP/TQ and potentially MPGs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts