8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a deal I think I'm gonna have to grab up. There is a k24 out of a accord whole motor for 550. What did you pay for your k24? Not sure on miles but it did run is what the guy says.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dumb question but I'm guessing the K24 in the Accord makes less power than the one in the Si, right? And what kinda civic you putting it in? K20 or R18?

Sent from my R18

·
Registered
225 Posts
it's a great base to start with if you want to build upon it. not so much if you just want to drop it in and go fast.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I don't have lots of money I'm about to get a grand and I was gonna try throw that in with all ny stuff and go faster than I am right now. But it looks like I might just get some cheap cams

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I had an A4 in my car. They are good if you just want a block to build. If you are going to do a straight oem swap the A2 is by far the best though.

My advice is to have a goal and just save as long as it takes to reach it. Cheaping out may mean you can get something now, but saving and doing it right will always be the better plan.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I know that's the best way for it and I do have a end goal. Fully built k24(2.5l) with a big turbo. And I've been thibking about doing a turbo and superchager (id have no boost lag and be putting down close to 900ish) or twin turbo with a bigger turbo and a smaller one to reduce the lag but that's a little unreal.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I know that's the best way for it and I do have a end goal. Fully built k24(2.5l) with a big turbo. And I've been thibking about doing a turbo and superchager (id have no boost lag and be putting down close to 900ish but that's a little unreal.
I suggest you do as much reading as you can. A turbo K25 is a wicked motor but would more than likely not be one that would last and would be way too much for anything except a trailered 1/4 mile only car, if that IMO. But if you just want numbers it would be interesting

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suggest you do as much reading as you can. A turbo K25 is a wicked motor but would more than likely not be one that would last and would be way too much for anything except a trailered 1/4 mile only car, if that IMO. But if you just want numbers it would be interesting
I don't just want numbers. I want a under 10 sec honda that blows peoples mind.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
And you don't want to get ahead of yourself? LoL!

I mean realistically is can happen but you need easily $20K into the trans amd engine alone. Then think of chassis and suspension upgrades.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts