8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't you use your K20Z3 oil pan due to the front mounting bracket? Also, when removing the head do you have to set the engine to TDC or is that only when putting the head back on??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I am putting together a frank with a K24a2 block and k20z3 head. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about head gaskets but have not been able to figure out exactly which one I need. Can anyone tell me which I should use? A link or part number would be great. I know I need the gasket to match the K24 but i also heard that I need a coolant diverter...any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I am putting together a frank with a K24a2 block and k20z3 head. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about head gaskets but have not been able to figure out exactly which one I need. Can anyone tell me which I should use? A link or part number would be great. I know I need the gasket to match the K24 but i also heard that I need a coolant diverter...any advice is greatly appreciated!
You'll need the K24 head gasket because the bore is 1mm larger. Not sure on the gasket thickness, but check this out on JHPUSA. Look up "C4311-051"

·
Registered
4 Posts
K24a2 oil pump work

Hi,

Does anyone know if the K24a2 oil pump will work for this swap or do you HAVE to change it to the rsx-s oil pump? would there be any issues keeping the K24a2 one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I believe the k24a2 oil pump has the balancer shafts if i remember correctly. The purpose of using the RSX pump is to eliminate the balancer shafts and gain a bit more more. (FYI you will also gain a bit more vibration as well). Also the rsx pump is better for higher rpms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just did the Frankenstein swap on my rsx k24a2 with rsx type s head everything ran perfect just hearing a whining noise from the type s pump is that normal and I didn’t swap the cooler over will that cause any issues

621 - 628 of 628 Posts