8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
motor mount issues

I'm currently swaped everything over just like this DIY k20/k24 with no issues and have the crv passenger motor mount. When we tried to swap it in, the motor mounts on the other 3 don't match up at all. It's on a 07 civic so coupe. Here is a pic of the engine. Any feedback will help!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK I need some things clarified because I keep reading conflicting information.

Currently I'm doing a K24A4 with Z3 head swap.

1. I've read that some people are using the K24 CPS over the K20, and I've noticed in the OP's original post, if you look at the two CPS's together, the TSX is bright grey while the Si's is black. Then if you look at the other pic stating "Put it all back together" you'll notice the CPS is the lighter grey sensor (TSX). So now I'm confused.

Only reason I ask, I have followed this thread, and swapped all the sensors over, timed everything correctly, and the car isn't starting, it's definitely is a timing issue. So I want to make sure I used the correct CPS.

Also some somewhat good news to the budget builders out there,

You CAN use the stock K20 header and cat, and everything will bolt up fine. I haven't had any clearance issues. Also using the K24A4 block, there is no oil orifice for the oil cooler. You can either block off the long coolant line to where the oil cooler would go, or you can use the S2000 joint by following this thread (How to: type s water pump and oil cooler with k24 - Page 2 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum)

Also, I am running the STEEL K24 oil pan that came with the block. Unfortunately I lost my job during this process, and wasn't able to afford another oil pump or pan. However using the steel pan, you will lose the bottom rear motor mount, and your flywheel and clutch will be exposed on the bottom portion of the trans. I am currently actively seeking a way to cover it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright so my 07 civic si got hydrolocked and now I need a new engine. It is actually cheaper to do a k24a2 or k24a2/k20a2 replacement rather than to find a used k20z3. I have been looking at kmod to build the engine I want but I need some help understanding everything I need/ want out of the vehicle but open to other well know and reliable shops to do a build . My shop does not want to foul around with fab work. So what I am trying to understand is what exactly needs to happen. If there is someone on here who has finished theid build or could work with me so I have a better understanding I would much appreciate it. Please inbox names or just so we can talk. Thanks
-Anthony

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got a k24a2 block bored to 87.5mm with wiseco 12.7:1 pistons, eagle rods, acl bearings. I'm about to put my z3 head on it, because I spun a bearing in my fg2 a couple weeks ago. I have a couple quick questions:

1.Is there any danger in running such high compression on stock cams?

2.Can I use my z3 crank sensor, since I will be reusing my z3 harness, and it's almost impossible to find a single crank sensor plug from a tsx without having to buy the entire harness.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anybody? Searching the forum has gottten me very conflicting points of view. I'd like to hear from someone who has done the swap, and used their z3 crank sensor successfully.

601 - 620 of 628 Posts