8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

581 - 600 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello.can you help me with some answers, pleeeaseeeeee?? :)
i have on my car k20a from dc5 jdm 220hp.
I want to make a frankenstein, because I found a K24A3 2007 accord CL9 190hp, at a friend of mine, for a very good price.

1.I want to know if I can do this frankenstein with those two engines (K20A and K24A3) ??

2. I want to know, if i do the frankenstein what is the gain of hp and torque ?? does it worth? I know if i had k20a2 the gain was great, but with my k20a.............

3.Which oil pan can i use? the K20 or the K24?do It need modifications?
i know i can use the k20a pump, and the k20a baffer...and close the oil orifice, but if i change de k24 pump, should i use the k20a pan?? do i make modification into the pan??

4.Can I use the stock k24a3 pistons and rods? for the moment i want to use the stock one.next year maybe ill put some big compression pistons!!

5.what is the max rpm if i do this frank?

thank!

·
Registered
40 Posts
One of the best and useful write-ups! It definitely started my N/A build interest. I believe that a good initial N/A build provides a safe, powerful, and durable S/C and/or Turbo setups! This is why I will go N/A first.

·
Registered
148 Posts
About to start on my k24a2 swap this week!

I have a couple questions though...

1. Will I need to use my z3 oil pan or can I use the pan that is on the k24a2?

2. Is it really necessary to change out the k24 for the k20? Wouldn't the belts for the k24 fit fine? I just don't understand why that matters if you use k24 belts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know I can use the z3,but what is the a point if the stock k24a2 belts are used? Reason is belts and pulley are intact on the k24 I have...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry. What I'm saying is why can't i use the pulley that came on the k24? Because the k24 I have still has the belt on it. I just thought I could save some time leaving the k24 pulley....

581 - 600 of 628 Posts