8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a noob question... but is it possible to fit a K24 head on a K20Z3 block??? I've heard this allows better flow which = more power. Has anyone done this and what are the pros and cons and how much power did it add?

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
This may seem like a noob question... but is it possible to fit a K24 head on a K20Z3 block??? I've heard this allows better flow which = more power. Has anyone done this and what are the pros and cons and how much power did it add?
I've done it and the specs for the k24 head are a little different. The casting and everything is the same, but the k24 head doesn't flow as well as the k20 series heads. The max flow for the k24 is like 27x cfm's and the k20 is like 3xx cfm's. The tsx head does have the same 3 lobe vtec though so that's good. :)

I'm not 100% complete with the install though. I'm assembling the timing chain guide and working on the timing at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as it's complete? Lol. I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I believe the TSX's intake valves are 1mm bigger than the k20's.

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Go to the home page and on the left there is a search box to search the site. Type k24 or whatever you want to search for.
What's your little problem? No need to spam. :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
K20 head > K24 head
K24 block > K20 block

The K24 block can't rev as high, but it yields more torque.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your little problem? No need to spam. :facepalm:
yeah deuche:facepalm::facepalm:

I've done it and the specs for the k24 head are a little different. The casting and everything is the same, but the k24 head doesn't flow as well as the k20 series heads. The max flow for the k24 is like 27x cfm's and the k20 is like 3xx cfm's. The tsx head does have the same 3 lobe vtec though so that's good. :)

I'm not 100% complete with the install though. I'm assembling the timing chain guide and working on the timing at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as it's complete? Lol. I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I believe the TSX's intake valves are 1mm bigger than the k20's.

Thanks. let me know. I wanna boost in the long run but this is a lil cheaper for now and give hopefully a bit more power while still N/A.

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
K20 head > K24 head
K24 block > K20 block

The K24 block can't rev as high, but it yields more torque.
He's talking about the head. The k24 head(tsx) is capable of handling the Si's rev limiter.

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
yeah deuche:facepalm::facepalm:

Thanks. let me know. I wanna boost in the long run but this is a lil cheaper for now and give hopefully a bit more power while still N/A.
If you're going to boost soon, you may as well do a k24. The compression ratio is what you're looking for, NA = higher compression, F/I = lower compression. I don't really think the TSX head will yield much more power than the k20 unless you will be using the TSX cams. If in fact the intake valve is 1mm bigger than the Si, you'll get a little nice midrange bump with those tsx cams..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.