932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current setup is
Ct with 3.0 pulley
stage 2 mr ac
Imt inlet
J37
4" cai

I know on the blower rpm thread it says you should port the blower prior to adding a k24 cp to this, but i was wondering, is it *unsafe or not recommended, planning on upgrading to a whipple after deployment, but in the mean time, there is a car i need to make sure i beat lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
26,125 Posts
Current setup is
Ct with 3.0 pulley
stage 2 mr ac
Imt inlet
J37
4" cai

I know on the blower rpm thread it says you should port the blower prior to adding a k24 cp to this, but i was wondering, is it *unsafe or not recommended, planning on upgrading to a whipple after deployment, but in the mean time, there is a car i need to make sure i beat lol.

I would run the crv CP to be safe. I believe it will spin about 17,100 rpm's or so with a 3" BP with that CP.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Current setup is
Ct with 3.0 pulley
stage 2 mr ac
Imt inlet
J37
4" cai

I'm running an almost identical setup but I'm running Meth Injection instead of an aftercooler.

CT-Engineering SuperCharger
Merc Racing Blower Inlet
Merc Racing 3.0" Blower Pulley
K24 Crank Pulley (5.98")
Snow Performance Stage2 Meth Injection Boost Cooler System
4" Custom CAI Intake System
J37 Throttle Body

Zero issues what so ever and makes great power.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im actually thinking bout increasing my meth with a second nozzle and throwing the 6.37 cp on mine with a 2.95" bp.
I was more worried about bearing failure, or damaging the engine before i get a chance to put on my other plans, your plan sounds like belt slip central plus bearing failure(unless you have a snout cooler and upgraded bearings)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, I understand that, but I do mostly roll races, and think I will stick with the 5.98 and 3.0 with a the same redline, thank you all for the input!

·
Premium Member
26,125 Posts
yea, I understand that, but I do mostly roll races, and think I will stick with the 5.98 and 3.0 with a the same redline, thank you all for the input!
Both set ups will help you. More power at shift points. More mid range power. More tq. But the 6.98 will be a nice set up as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts