8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering how much it would cost to swap a tsx bottom end into my Si. I will be using forged ips pistons and rods in the bottom end also. This is the first step toward the turbo kit ill be doing soon. I plan on using a GT40R precision Turbo but thats another story. so if anyone can help me out with a price or how hard it would be to do the swap let me know. Thanks - Ryan

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that doesnt give the info I wanted. I just want to know how much a Tsx bottom end will cost me and how much/how hard is it to install? not interested in a supercharger or such...

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually looking for a price on a brand new bottom end from the dealer, so my stupid ass should have used common sense and called my local dealer... sry guys

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yeah, if you want a new one - just call up acura parts dept. They can give you a price for the bottom end alone. I believe the whole engine is around $5500- ish.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
you'd be correct. They did swap the whole thing in. For some reason I thought they put a different head on it. my bad.

·
Registered
339 Posts
go to acuraautomotiveparts.org (website for an acura parts dept. located here in georgia)

you will get the entire bottom end for way less than you would if you went to a stealership.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
webby said:
you'd be correct. They did swap the whole thing in. For some reason I thought they put a different head on it. my bad.
I'm guessing when you swap the bottom end, you'll still be using the DBW throttle and it won't make a difference with the CAN BUS signal for the digital gauge? I'm wondering how that what go together and what ECU you'd end up using.

·
Registered
635 Posts
why get a brand new bottom end if you plan to rebuild it. Doesnt make sense to me.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
skittleslegend said:
Because of the initially higher aftermarket support with the K24.
I believe he means - why buy a NEW bottom end. Meaning why not go to buy a used engine if you plan on rebuilding it. Save yourself some cash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts