8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am looking for a K20Z3 engine for my Honda Civic. I am looking for a used or rebuilt engine. I would prefer a JDM engine. Where can I buy from ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think a rebuilt engine will be a viable option. I called Engine World Inc in Houston and they quoted me $2200 for a rebuilt K20Z3 engine which sounds good. My buddy bought a jdm engine from them last year and he is very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What about for good ol' US of A engines? Anyone have a reliable source for used K20Z3s?
I have a K20Z3 sitting in my garage in Lansing if you want to buy a used one.

edit: I see you can buy a remanufactured long block on Amazon for $3,576 after rebate. Free Prime shipping lol - I may need my core after all though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How much would you want for that engine? How many miles?
PM me

Anyone know what a rebuild costs (order of magnitude estimate) ? It looks like maybe a timing/valve issue, not a rod failure. I still have to pull the head off to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How much would you want for that engine? How many miles?
PM me

Anyone know what a rebuild costs (order of magnitude estimate) ? It looks like maybe a timing/valve issue, not a rod failure. I still have to pull the head off to check

Did you figure it out? Timing chain perhaps? Mine went at 250k miles and the car just stalled. Some people have them jump a tooth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you figure it out? Timing chain perhaps? Mine went at 250k miles and the car just stalled. Some people have them jump a tooth.

I haven't torn it down yet but I found this behind the AC compressor mounting bracket. So I'm assuming it was hydrolocked after all. IMG_0142.jpg

201 - 220 of 225 Posts