8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the z3 head flows better than the RBB head that's on the k24 block now but does it fit on the k24 block? i have been basing my plans for the swap off of driveway-built's guide for this exact swap and they said they only wanted to use the RBC intake manifold and VTC gear off of the z3 to reduce complications and it kinda makes sense but it also doesn't because they could just swap over the whole top end and not take both heads apart while making more power even if it's by a marginal amount. i want to know why it would be harder i guess like what complications were they talking about. but if its doable how would you do it, im assuming a certain head gasket and maybe pistons ( im really taking a shot in the dark but pistons kinda made sense bc might need to match the z3 compression of 11:1 or sum idk how cars work)? and also timing, i know timing isn't the hardest thing to do but is there a comprehensive guide i could read? i know it seems like i should be doing one of these builds because i don't know any of this stuff but im kinda diving head-first in to it because i spun a con rod bearing in my fg2 that I daily so it needs to be fixed and i don't have the money for anything else but this and i like cars so i know what's what i just don't know everything and need to learn so details would be nice. Thank you for the help!

· Registered
305 Posts
There are a few guides on how to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts