8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wished i got the si version. But i was on a budget enough to get a EX.
so i'm wondering if anyone swapped the engine the r18 with a k20z3? if so how much did you spend and post pictures.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Someone did something similiar and spent nearly 15k in the process. Seriously, swapping out a brand new motor is just dumb. You'd honestly save yourself time, money, headache after headache and more importantly.. saving yourself from a car that has no resale-value future (swapped motor doesn't exactly sound encouraging) by just trading in and buying an SI. Maybe I could see if you had a blown engine or something.. but a perfectly good, brand new engine? Nah

·
Registered
321 Posts
hes right no point in swapping out a perfectly good engine. just wait like the rest of us when these swaps become more common, by then your engine would be in the 100km's mark, so it would make sense to swap out then. imo

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
You were on a budget to begin with, So why even ask? You would save money by just trading your car in for the Si...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought my car at low 14 thousands. the Si at **** hannah was running 20 thousand plus. so thats why i didnt get it. but thanks for the input guys. i'll just give it till summer and trade it in for the Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts