8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research, and would like to know which of the 3 K-series "non-balancer" oil pumps to use.

I am aware they are all 3 bolt-on's, and 2 need small mods to fit, but what are the actual differences in the pumps? Is the drive gear the same? Are the internals the same? Do all 3 options provide the same flow?

So I hope someone can tell me which of the 3 K-series oil pumps is the best option.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Curious as well.

I've seen info for this around, just have to do a little searching, I want to say the one without a balancer is better, less parasitic energy loss, and it won't froth the oil with hard use. I Think:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious as well.

I've seen info for this around, just have to do a little searching, I want to say the one without a balancer is better, less parasitic energy loss, and it won't froth the oil with hard use. I Think:D
I am aware of this..that's why I specifically asked WHICH of the 3 NON "balancer" pumps is best...

·
Registered
66 Posts
^As buddy said k20a2 pump fits no problem with a little grinding to the pump. Also theres upgraded f20c pumps you can get fitted if your going for crazy rpm. Just remember if you go with a non balance shaft pump you have to block off its oil feed in the block griddle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, the guys at Honda Belgium confirmed the following:
PRB and PNC pumps are 99% the same, PRB having up-rated gears over the PNC pump, and RRC is the best direct bolt on for K20Z3/4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts