and ecu before?

If so, for how much?

How much would this retail for on the
street vs the dealership. Does anyone
know the facts? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
the dealership your looking at around 10grand for sure.

you can get this engine from an engine dealer complete for around 3grand.

there are many totaled si's floating around and they obviously part the engine.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
depends, ive seen them range anywhere from 2k -5k on the condition, mileage, and completness.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh cool.. yeah j/w cos yesterday, my brother and i picked up
a complete motor with tranny, shifter/shift linkages and ecu
for a pretty fair deal.

but 10k from stealership? dang.. no thanks.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
oh cool.. yeah j/w cos yesterday, my brother and i picked up
a complete motor with tranny, shifter/shift linkages and ecu
for a pretty fair deal.

but 10k from stealership? dang.. no thanks.
just outta curiousity, how much did you pay for everything and what're you going to do with it?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just outta curiousity, how much did you pay for everything and what're you going to do with it?
2k it's either going to be a spare in case something in mine goes out. but long term project = 93 eg hatch. =)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stolen, eh.
lol yeah i stole it right out of the original owner's car. took about 5 mins to drop everything out real quick...

er not really. out of a totaled car that was auctioned and bought, then parted and then i bought. gj

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
2k it's either going to be a spare in case something in mine goes out. but long term project = 93 eg hatch. =)
nice, sounds like a pretty good price; rsx-s swaps sell for more than that. only shitty thing about the z3 is that you'll have to convert it to cable throttle. i want to do a k20 swap in a integra some day when i have $ for a dedicated project car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice, sounds like a pretty good price; rsx-s swaps sell for more than that. only shitty thing about the z3 is that you'll have to convert it to cable throttle. i want to do a k20 swap in a integra some day when i have $ for a dedicated project car.
yeah, it's been a crazy year.. i have some buddies that have been doing some crazy stuff to their cars this year.. one of them did a dc5 k20a swap into his ep3 si.. and now my brother and i come up on this awesome deal.. it's just crazy.. and about the cable throttle.. i know.. i don't know much about it yet, i'm still doing like tons of research. but i guess the hard part is over already... getting the motor complete... =) gl with ur project.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
2 grand is about right. I looked into getting a type r trans because mine is giving me so much trouble. $1700 shipped.
if your car is still under warranty then changing your tranny is a waste of $. there's also no garauntee that the new (used) tranny will be any better than your current one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts