8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2008 CSX for three months now and have experienced nothing but frustration when searching for aftermarket bolt-on power-adders for this motor.

The frustration I'm facing is that there simply are no intake kits, headers or exhaust systems available for the 155hp K20Z2.

No, I'm not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination. However, I am a firm believer that when an aftermarket product is designed for a particular make and model, that product is tuned to deliver the most efficient increase in power for that model and therefore should only be used on that particular car.

What does that mean? That means that installing a Spoon Sports exhaust system (which for the 8th generation Civics is only available for the Type R) is counter-productive, as the exhaust has been engineered to serve the K20Z4. What results is either less of a gain in power than what Spoon intended, no change in power, or maybe even a loss in power.

So far, besides an incredibly expensive T1R carbon intake (not available yet) and Mugen's muffler for the K20Z2, there are absolutely no power parts available for this car! K&N doesn't manufacture air filters for this car. AEM doesn't make intake kits for this car. What's going on? I suppose that because only Acura's CSX and Honda's Civic 2.0GL use this motor companies have decided that it is not worth their while to perform the necessary R&D to manufacture a power part specifically for this motor?

No; I will not install a Fujita CAI on my car because that's tuned for the R18A1. No; just because J's Racing's titanium FX system fits my car doesn't mean that I will settle for it, since it is meant for the K20Z4. Yeah, I know Spoon's drop-in air filter fits in the airbox of my car, but Spoon specifies on their website that this is specifically meant to serve the FD2. Installing a part based purely on fitment with no consideration of its effectiveness is, in my opinion, being ignorant.

I wonder if anyone here can point me in the direction of a company that supplies parts specifically for this car. I hope that there is a company (most likely Japanese) that I don't yet know about that I will be able to get parts from.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
I wish I could see if the Z2 head is like a A2 or Z3 head in respect to the coolant port. If it is like the Z3 head then you can bolt on an RBC manifold. If it like the A2 Head you would have to get the manifold port cut off. You could use the K20A3 manifold because the A3 is more in line with the Z2. Also SKunk2 A3 cams will work but you are into "specific to the car" parts and there is no plug and play stand alone yet though plug and play piggyback will work nicely.

Companies aren't developing parts for that car because they dont see any market or return on investment. You have to go with what's available or trade your vehicle.

The nice thing for you is you can swap in any K series engine so long as you retained the use of all your stock sensors.

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
well it no different than any other honda/acura you arent going to get huge # from bolt-ons
there are a few thing that fit that i know of
x-style intake.
i have had mine on for a year now no problems no cel and the throttle response is better.maybe a little hp gain but have never dyno to see.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/59644-my-custom-s-r-intake-06-csx.html
k&n for the civic si fits (part#33-2343)
as for header i believe that a csx member has/had a dc header
exhaust i have had my skunk2 cat-back on for a year no problems bought a civic si(coupe) and it just needed to be extended 2" to fit the csx
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...60mm-cat-back-exhaust-installed-2006-csx.html

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Why are you letting something like, "this part isn't meant for my engine" stop you from buying stuff? Get FlashPro and have everything tuned. Hell, crack that engine open and upgrade the rods and pistons and bump up your compression. I've even heard a rumor that the K20Z2 has the castings for the lost motion assemblies. It's essentially a K20Z3 running with a K20A3 rocker assembly.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
IBTL.

also Ban 4 u...lol jk

man i would still put an rbc on,custom intake, a header and atleast an exhaust. what are you so worried about? blowing it up? get flashpro

The i have this on my car and they arent meant for it

-Skunk2 manifold
-skunk2 70mm TB
-Obx ITB's
-Custom intake
-Karcepts AC/PS removal
-Kpro...lol
-throttle wire
-Map, IVAC,TPS Sensors...lol

im fine. cars great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Why are you letting something like, "this part isn't meant for my engine" stop you from buying stuff? Get FlashPro and have everything tuned. Hell, crack that engine open and upgrade the rods and pistons and bump up your compression. I've even heard a rumor that the K20Z2 has the castings for the lost motion assemblies. It's essentially a K20Z3 running with a K20A3 rocker assembly.
i agree with you dude ......

you really said well ..... :wigglesmiley:

chevy power steering gear box

chrysler power steering gear box

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am a newbie here planning to have gains on my k20z2 PHDM civic. Would be a 3" diameter full exhaust catback, costumozed headers
and 3" intake pipe will do?

Thanks,
Allen

·
Registered
1 Posts
IBTL.

also Ban 4 u...lol jk

man i would still put an rbc on,custom intake, a header and atleast an exhaust. what are you so worried about? blowing it up? get flashpro

The i have this on my car and they arent meant for it

-Skunk2 manifold
-skunk2 70mm TB
-Obx ITB's
-Custom intake
-Karcepts AC/PS removal
-Kpro...lol
-throttle wire
-Map, IVAC,TPS Sensors...lol

im fine. cars great.
I know I'm very late. But I wanted to know if these mods you had were all on the K20Z2 csx? Hondata told me nothing is compatible with my ecu. So does that mean I don't need to swap out for an si ecu?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm very late. But I wanted to know if these mods you had were all on the K20Z2 csx? Hondata told me nothing is compatible with my ecu. So does that mean I don't need to swap out for an si ecu?
Yes, i have the same issue, to use hondata youd need a z3 ecu, im pretty sure a k pro works though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts