8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new at these kind of works (lack knowledge) because I will just be turning to 17 this March. Please help me out in this matter. I have a Civic 2011 (Last Model FD2) Japanese/Pakistani Sedan model with a 1.8 i-vtec engine but I'm unsatisfied with it's power. There's no doubt that 1800cc is a great madness acceleration speed wise. My 1.8 engine is represented as "R18A1".

But I'm unsatisfied because here in Pakistan Toyota Supra, GTR, RX8, RX7 Mark X and other sport cars are just super fast than my 1.8 obviously. So I decided to swap my R18A1 as it is very poor as compared to those great cars with high HP i.e more than 200HP atleast.

So I decided not to swap with Supra's or any other cars engine instead I decided to swap it with K20C1 of a 306HP. I know that still I can't win from them but atleast I can compete with them and I won't feel myself being the lowest. So I have some questions on the basis of my situation. Which are:

1) Fitting of K20C1 (2.0 Turbocharged) in my civic 2011 will be possible?

2) Can a Turbo Charger, Super charger or any other thing(s) can make my default 1.8 Civic engine to bump from 150hp to 300hp?

3) How much HP will be increased by turbo charger and how much hp will be increased with Super charger?

4) Please mention Honda's manufactured engines which can be fitted in FD2 Civic Sedan? And only mention those engines which accelerates from 0-100 km/h within 6 seconds and top speed should be exceeding 250km/h

5) Any Engine swap that can make my civic to gain 400hp or more than that?

Thank You.

Regards,
Alyaan Khalique,
Pakistan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also want to add some more questions.

* Does k20c1 comes in automatic varriant? If not, so can we change from manual transmission to automatic? Or from automatic to manual?

* does k20c1 consist of intake manifold? If not then what could be the issues because of this?

* After the swap, will I face any difficulties except economy? Like engine issues, engine seize or etc? And what would be the factors to get engine seized?

Thank You.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Firstly, if you are planning to compete with Supra's and GTR's a simple motor swap will not get you to that level. You will need to essentially build the motor from top to bottom on top of likely adding some sort of forced induction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying bro. I appreciate it. Mate is this forced induction known as super charger or turbo charger or it's any other thing known as from it's own identify. As my R18A1 is 152HP, So after placing "Forced Induction" how much will be my Reborn's HP then?

* Also to be in noted, can you give me other answers of my asked questions. So please co cooperate with me. TY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts