101 - 120 of 502 Posts

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Hondapartsdeals is great but the shipping is expensive, try buying everything you need in one purchase.

I bought THREE clips for the shift boot panel totaling a few dollars, and shipping was $15 dollars!!

retARDED...

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
LOL wow shipping is ... a lot! But whatever gets my car fixed, not wanting to spend a grip either! lol. But If I have to ,to get this running then hey...

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
So this is completely weird. This sensor:

When plugged:

Means that my temp gauge is disabled and causes my car not to start. When this sensor is unplugged, my car starts and the temperature gauge is enabled. Also when that sensor is unplugged, my OBDII can read my ECU.

This sensor is located on the tranny in the far back. HELLLALL weird.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
99% sure that's the VSS. Why it causes that problem, I have no idea. Have you posted on CRSX or K20a.org yet, will have better luck on there for finding all the missing parts.

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
^ I have the missing parts already located, it's just a matter of getting the money for the sensors and locating 1 more sensor. I'm not sure where the engine coolant temperature sensor is. But i'll post in k20.org as well. Never really posted there, thanks!

And what's VSS?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Np. What are your intentions for the car now that it has a K20a2 in it?

Oh yeah...did you find you what tranny you have? I don't feel like reading through the pages lol. If not, you can look for the VIN plate on it.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Not sure if all Kseries ECT sensors are the same or how our Si's work, but you might need a sensor off the Si and wire it to the cluster, IF they are different. I know with Kseries swaps into Civics/Integras you reuse the ECT sensor off the original motor and swap it onto the Kseries motor.

Did some quick searching and found where the ECT sensor is located:

said:
The sensor on the k20 can be found here on the right hand side of the head (tranny side of the motor) right behind this black piece of plastic

Lift up this plastic and it will reveal the radiator coolant temp sensor

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Np. What are your intentions for the car now that it has a K20a2 in it?

Oh yeah...did you find you what tranny you have? I don't feel like reading through the pages lol. If not, you can look for the VIN plate on it.
You know I haven't made any car plans until I can get the car running. My main plan is to get it running period. After it settles in and it runs... then i'll make plans about the car haha.

Btw would you happen to know what this CEL code means? P2185, the code reads "coolant temp sensor 2 circuit high"

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
You know it could be that, I did find a clip at the bottom right hand side of my radiator that seems to have been cut off or ripped out. I'm guessing that's one of the sensors that needs to be active, but there doesn't seem to be a plug for it anywhere near the radiator..

It may also be related to my car not having the thermostat lol.

Man I can't wait till I get paid in another week and ahalf. Then i'll have 500 to drop of car repairs.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
When the coolant temp gets ridiculously high it throws the code thinking that the sensor is messed up. I know because when my car overheated it threw the same code. That most likely means whoever had the car before drove on it for a long time without coolant to trigger that code... since you say all you did was go down the street and back. I think you should do a compression test just to see how the motor is holding up. Reguardless of how well it drove a compression test and maybe a leakdown test if necessary will more definely assure you of the motor's health.

One ECT sensor is located where the first pic shows. The other is on the bottom end tank of our radiator. That second pic looks a little funky but once you get under your car and look... it's the only sensor attached to your radiator.

Also, for parts I would suggest Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Honda Product Information, Videos and News for their prices are very reasonable along with their shipping being pretty quick. They're also a sponsor on the site so their reputation is held up well.

101 - 120 of 502 Posts