8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be worth swaping the k20a type R head on the k20z3 bottom end? Would you be able to get a significant increase in power?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it would at least give you a 20hp gain. What if you had the k20a head paird with a k24 block?

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
what if the sea was dry and the sky was wet.

w/e $ you spend on that will yield you better results with other mods. Be it forced induc or NA.

get a blower and enjoy.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
I thought it would at least give you a 20hp gain. What if you had the k20a head paird with a k24 block?
lol. definatly not. at least not without tuning.

why you so set on the k20a head?
no mater what you attach the k20a head to, its not worth it.
just use the k20z3 head and upgrade the valvetrain.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
its only worth it because of realibilty u can hit 9k all day long and never worry thats the best part. good daily and will increase power but it is hella expensive

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
its only worth it because of realibilty u can hit 9k all day long and never worry thats the best part. good daily and will increase power but it is hella expensive
you can hit 9k with a upgraded k20z3 head....and it will be cheaper.

EDIT:
OP, is it that since the k20a is mad JDM it must be better?
you want jdm bling? get the k20a head. itll sound nice in a mod list
jsut be prepared to be slower than the person that spent the same amount of money on their k20z3 head, and is faster.

·
Registered
728 Posts
as long as you're JDM, you're better.
:facepalm: are you serious?

All show no go?...you don't wana do that. Just build your head. I would go with Kelford 272/272 cams, adj cam gears, larger fuel injectors, Valves springs & retainers, forged pistons, intake headers and exhaust...The get a tune. With this setup you're guaranteed at-least 250-280whp of all motor goodness!

And you'd still be spending about the same as getting a JDM type-r head.

So it's up to you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What will be the best set of supercharged cams for the z3 head? I have heard that the ips cams are pretty good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plan on getting the kraftwerks supercharger in the near future, and was wondering what cams might work best with the blower.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts