8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Sorry for my bad English,i own a civic 8th gen converted it to a type r. I have changed my engine from R18A automatic to K20A type R with following changes:

-Skunk 2 Alpha headers
-Kaki moto exhaust system
-Custom short ram intake with Knn air filter
-K20Z2 5 speed auto transmission+ECU+Wiring harness
-Mishimoto transmission cooler
-ECU Ktuner tuned on Dyno maxed out at 182 Whp

I drive my car everyday and R18A was very boring engine so a friend of mine had a crashed FD2 with K20A type r engine which we pulled out and did all the mods.When we initially started the car with Engine+5 speed auto gearbox+ECU K20z2 (NOT TUNED) on Dyno we got only 97 Whp max at 7200 Rpm (Stock RPM limit). Later we installed Skunk2 headers and exhaust system with intake and trans cooler and got 182 Whp max at 8400 RPM. We tried to install CAI but on lower RPMs idle was very rough and acceleration was not smooth but all and all CAI was giving 194 Whp,even after tuning alot we were forced to use short ram intake for smooth idle IDK why tuner wasn't able to make CAI work.

So now i have an automatic 5 speed type r engine with paddle shifters,i can't launch my car as it's an auto transmission and it's doing 0-100 mph in 19 secs. I want to improve it but i want to stick with auto transmission.My options are limited because of auto as i can't use Kpro or flash pro and no clutch means less Whp. But i see many automatic cars which are really fast and makes like 300-400 whp easily.I asked tuner for Turbo and he said i will get tons of tuning issues and bad pistons due to 93 ronins petrol with oil burning in less than a year if i use Turbo or Supercharger and it will fry my transmission.

P.S. I am a noob and need advise as this is my first car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice that you did the swap...interesting indeed. I think you need to get a higher stall speed torque converter first of all...this will allow higher revs for a better launch but will make daily driving...more fun..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the final result we got on DYNO on Short ram
20200320_144509.jpg

This was the result we got with CAI and got issues with idle
IMG-20200225-WA0031.jpg

Also i have a problem because K20Z2 comes with EGR and K20A Type R from FD2 doesn't have EGR and which is why i have P0401 which i don't know how to fix
IMG-20200308-WA0012.jpg

Also my tuner said that if i disable MAF sensor only then i will be able to run CAI and reach 193 whp otherwise i have to keep short ram and stick with 180 whp. Highly appreciate all the help from everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice that you did the swap...interesting indeed. I think you need to get a higher stall speed torque converter first of all...this will allow higher revs for a better launch but will make daily driving...more fun..
Appreciate your interest brother.I will look into it and see if anyone has got knowledge of this thing in my local.Which CAI will work with my setup any clue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Appreciate your interest brother.I will look into it and see if anyone has got knowledge of this thing in my local.Which CAI will work with my setup any clue?
Listen to the tuner..I would swap in a Hondata auto ecu and this will allow the tuner to do his job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listen to the tuner..I would swap in a Hondata auto ecu and this will allow the tuner to do his job.
Brother i asked Hondata if they have an ECU mod for my setup they said they only do manual cars no automatic car Kpro or flash pro.Do you know where can i find one and plug it in my car to control ECU so i can disable MAF sensor and switch to Injen CAI?Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brother i asked Hondata if they have an ECU mod for my setup they said they only do manual cars no automatic car Kpro or flash pro.Do you know where can i find one and plug it in my car to control ECU so i can disable MAF sensor and switch to Injen CAI?Thanks
Not sure,,the guys in Dubai are tuning autos on Hondata,....must be a way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts