8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I was thinking about it too. But not for our car, our engine is a K20Z3, A3 is a 05 hatchback I think

·
Registered
260 Posts
this makes absolutely no sense at all. it dosn't increase your volumetric efficiency and if it really worked everyone would be making this piece and charging alot more than they are. If anyone really wants to throw $100 away I can help.

·
Registered
799 Posts
this makes absolutely no sense at all. it dosn't increase your volumetric efficiency and if it really worked everyone would be making this piece and charging alot more than they are. If anyone really wants to throw $100 away I can help.
Actually increasing the size of the K20 Plenums is proven to make power ... The K-Series head is one of Honda's best flowing heads out of the box and the increased plenum size appears to work will with the requirement for more air volume and flow ... However this sort of mod is an "optimisation"mod best left to later in the build when you have I/H/E Cams etc that will better utilise the increased plenum voulme.
Why do you think the P2R TB spacer works ... more plenum volume ...

Moose

·
Registered
799 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
hey my next mod will be a "tornado" in my intake. if the people on TV say it works it must work.
Do you have anything else to say other than criticism with no back up? Someone just like you said the excat same thing about the TB spacer and thermal gaskets and it has been proven over and over on this forum with numerous dynos that it works. Yeah, it doens't give the power of a supercharger but it helps. I suppose you think insulation on your intake and header is ridiculous too right?

Also for your information... the tornado DOES work... it DOES add more air into your engine but not enough to lean you out to where the ecu can't compensate. My uncle had one on his dodge dakota and said his MPG raised by 30 miles or so to the tank on average. Not like once or twice varying up and down numebrs. YES, that's a noticable difference so don't go saying "oh he's just driving more careful" or "its in his head". No, it's not a racing mod but it DOES work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You must be right your home made CAI must be better than Injen's too If they work so well then why dosn't everyone have one? Let's see some independent dyno numbers 1-2 HP dosn't count

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
You must be right your home made CAI must be better than Injen's too If they work so well then why dosn't everyone have one? Let's see some independent dyno numbers 1-2 HP dosn't count
Nope, not better. As for performance, I'd say for 90 dollars and keeping up with a friend that has a AEM CAI it's served its purpose money-wise. All you you're good for is exploiting your negative thoughts on ideas on which you have no proof of. You bringing up my CAI just shows that you have nothing else better to say about this argument rather than to side track and insult something specific of a member.

For the TBS there ARE independant dynos as I'm sure there are for the plenum. This is why I said you have criticism with no back up. People have posted dyno's showing them before and after. Yes there a slight tolerance in engine heat, ambient temp when the dyno is being taken and all the other factors but when posted before and after there is a difference.

Go ahead and clown on my 160 dollar less intake that obviously gives me good enough performance to make it worth its money. And go ahead and clown on something that you have no evidence showing that its not worth it other than your ignorance. Because as you continue to do so with me along with other members on this board about other subjects which I'm assumingly sure, that's all you'll be to everyone else... ignorant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts