8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm high off Adderall, Horchata, and Starbucks Coffee to cram early for my final on Thursday, BUT procrastination got the better of me.

Anyways, after seeing the Lotus at Eibach with a K20 retrofit, it gave me the idea to fix up my dad's SW20 that he uses as his beater car. So, will a K20 fit inside the bay of a SW20? I'm aware that there are other engines that are more suitable and potentially better to swap in but I wanna be the one to be different.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Swapping out the 3S-GTE for a K20? Doesn't make any sense to me.

As someone who has swapped in a K20 to a mid-engined car before, let me tell you it's going to cost a LOT of money and cause you a LOT of headaches. You're going to spend thousands of dollars, it will be slower than stock and it's not going to be near as reliable. That's giving up a lot just to be "different." Don't do it. You would be so much better off just using that money and time modifying the stock engine.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If your going to swap anything into a SW20. Swap in a V6 Camry motor. 3VZ. Check out my friends SW20. I am looking for a nice shell myself for a track car and we are going to stick in one of the newer V6 Camry motors.

YouTube - Sw20 mr2 with 3vz

Listen to her roar...its addicting and the torque is nice when that motor is in that little car. The swap was really easy and a very popular thing to do in the UK! Just imagine a boosted V6 in that car...

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your going to swap anything into a SW20. Swap in a V6 Camry motor. 3VZ. Check out my friends SW20. I am looking for a nice shell myself for a track car and we are going to stick in one of the newer V6 Camry motors.

YouTube - Sw20 mr2 with 3vz

Listen to her roar...its addicting and the torque is nice when that motor is in that little car. The swap was really easy and a very popular thing to do in the UK! Just imagine a boosted V6 in that car...

This is a good option to go with. Most guys on MR2OC state that swapping in a k20 is a total waste of money.

·
Registered
573 Posts
ive got a 350whp 3SGTE powered SW20... a K20 into an SW20 sounds fun to me... especially if you did a K24 hybrid, cams, headwork, high comp, and around 300whp NA and a hell of a lot lighter than the 3S.... i think a stock K20 into an AW11 would be a lot more fun.

Matt

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive got a 350whp 3SGTE powered SW20... a K20 into an SW20 sounds fun to me... especially if you did a K24 hybrid, cams, headwork, high comp, and around 300whp NA and a hell of a lot lighter than the 3S.... i think a stock K20 into an AW11 would be a lot more fun.

Matt
That's what I was thinking, lol.

What's a popular swap for the sw20 though?

Sent from my Droid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts