8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am sure of it , just want to hear it from other peeps.. lol , anyways can the k20 handle the turbo ( to a certian psi , 8 -10? ) .. and i mean in general

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
may shorten ur engine life
this comment is a frickin joke. this all depends on how you drive your car, how well you keep your car, and alot of other things that i dont care to list. not changing your oil regularly can shorten engine life. beating the piss out of your car can shorten your engine life. driven and taken care of our car on 8-10psi could last just as long as any n/a car.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
this comment is a frickin joke. this all depends on how you drive your car, how well you keep your car, and alot of other things that i dont care to list. not changing your oil regularly can shorten engine life. beating the piss out of your car can shorten your engine life. driven and taken care of our car on 8-10psi could last just as long as any n/a car.

You are right but that's why I said "may"

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
try around 500.
No, cause they are past 500 at the wheels right now I believe.. I'm pretty sure it's more around 6.. I may be wrong though..

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
8 psi on one application is not the same stress as 8psi on another. but in " general" a stock block can handle it. IE stock greddy kit and stock ajp kit. although the ajp kit would put more stress on the engine. in my opinion anything 350ish to the wheels at least rods should be considered. and with our really high compression a set of lower comp pistons couldnt hurt either. and i think the magic number of torque is around 250-300 before you should really consider internals or else you'll prob break something.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
no longer stock internals.
And how much damage do you think they are doing to the engine making 500+ whp on the stock pistons. Plus I think their dyno numbers are jacked.

I'd be willing to bet you a big sum that they aren't telling you everything.

Chris

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
oh btw.... the efficiency of the engine as a whole has a HUGE affect on the hp. You can make 10 psi on anything, but it's how well the air is moved through the engine and the amount of pressure you place on the piston at the right time that makes big power.

Also, combustion pressure is what kills an engine, whether knock or too much timing for the combustion event. But too much boost hurts in that it will exaggerate the knock factor by increasing effective and dynamic compression ratio (static CR plus boost and then plus engine that's actually running). That's where higher octane fuel helps alot to keep knock from occuring so you can bump timing and make more power (if your internals can handle it).

Chris

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
And how much damage do you think they are doing to the engine making 500+ whp on the stock pistons. Plus I think their dyno numbers are jacked.

I'd be willing to bet you a big sum that they aren't telling you everything.

Chris
they arent using stock pistons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.