8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

K2 Motor Fog Lights.... have yours broken?

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Mabuz 
#1 ·
I've posted up threads about my fog lights breaking and i'm going to be replacing them with the K2 Fogs from ebay. I've got one comment saying that they are stronger than the oem honda fogs.

has anyone here cracked there K2 Fogs like what has happened to many OEM honda ones?

I would also like some feedback on the K2 fogs from people who have purchased them.

#3 ·
I had some.... i honestly don't know when they cracked... but they were cracked for a long time... they didnt actually get holes in them until almost a year later maybe when there was a lot of repaving being done......

i replaced them with atomicstreet fogs... i think they look better and they have built in shields to cut down on glare

#5 ·
atomic street fog

k2 motor fog

the lenses are different shades, and if you look closely.. the K2 housing is empty while the atomicstreet has that shield around the bulb

#8 · (Edited)
I would also like some feedback on the K2 fogs from people who have purchased them.
I'm not too happy with my purchase. I got mine over a week ago. No installation instructions or templates for drilling out the front for the lamps came with it. The picture used online shows 3 wire harnesses and I only received 2, and it does not resemble anything that is shown in any of the pictorials here. Also the dash switch shows a power on indicator and mine does not. Old image..??? not sure.

I have e-mailed K2 explaining the situation and will see what happens from here on just in case a mistake has occurred (it happens, and I accept that). In the meantime I have gone to my local dealer and priced out the Honda wiring harnesses just in case.

#17 ·
I'm not too happy with my purchase. I got mine over a week ago. No installation instructions or templates for drilling out the front for the lamps came with it. The picture used online shows 3 wire harnesses and I only received 2, and it does not resemble anything that is shown in any of the pictorials here. Also the dash switch shows a power on indicator and mine does not. Old image..??? not sure.
follow the instructions on college hills honda.. it might be a little different but it's still not hard to do.. plus it comes with the templates to drill

the extra harness comes only with the OEM fogs.. and that harness is what allows the fog light indicator on the dash to light up

#18 ·
i got my K2 fogs around april 07.. had lamin-x on them til about november but had to remove it because it melted to the fogs even though i never had them on that long.. especially when i wasn't moving

still no cracks.. still look great

#19 ·
The install isn't too bad. I'd say it's more annoying than it is hard.

My K2s cracked in less than a week, but I believe it was from a combination of slush being sprayed on the front of my car during a bad snow storm after sitting in traffic. Fog bulbs burn pretty hot, so no air flow let them get hotter than usual...cold snow on very hot glass = cracks.

I replaced the glass with Lexan, looks great and is supposed to be 250 times stronger than glass, and heat resistant to 800 degrees F. Since I replaced the lenses, I've been happy with everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.