8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to install the K2 grill on my SI coupe. Epic failure! When you tighten the screws, which are only on the outside edges of the grill, the center pulls upward leaving a large gap between the grill and the bumper.....

I know some ppl on here have installed this grill, so what is the trick?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
I just went outside and checked to see if the center wiggled--it's secure in place and there are no inconsistent gaps. Considering how my friends all shake their heads at how sensitive I am about my car, I'd notice trust me.

Maybe you got one w/ a bad production run, not sure. Screw em on from one side, starting from left to right maybe? The fit was fine, and I needed no modifications. Here's some pics for reference:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car is the same color and your pics were the inspiration for purchasing the grill. Mine def did not look like that when I installed it. I'm calling K2 tomorrow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.